I bought a 2016 Edge Titanium brand new back in September of 2016. I few weeks ago I noticed a small brown spot above my visor on the passenger side. It has bothered me cause I couldnt figure out where it came from. Well yesterday I noticed that the brown spot appeared bigger, and there are brown stains all over the roof of the car, I usually keep the shade open all the time to the moon roof but just now noticed it. I am so annoyed and have no idea what it is, its not from a soda explosion or anything like that. Also, I just found out that a friend who also drives an Edge has the same stain above her visor. Ill attach some pics, please, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I love this car! Just very frustrated.

My car is the first 4 pics, and the friends is the last, larger stain,.

post-47264-0-38429300-1500526724_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-23715200-1500526731_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-77975500-1500526737_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-79112800-1500526744_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-37418300-1500526749_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking someone is driving it with open coffee cup and doing a Dukes of Hazard over some rail road tracks?

I actually did that once in a Chevrolet Cavalier convertible. My then girlfriend (now spouse) and I were driving in unfamiliar territory and came up on this intersection that had an unholy crown to the road and apparently I missed a speed limit change sign and holy moly - we went through this intersection and launched the car! We laughed AFTER - but during it we FREAKED!

That car got a new set of shocks after because apparently they do not survive that kind of treatment.

Edited by TourGuide

• 1 month later...

Sounds like your Vista Moonroof drains are clogged.

The moonroof has a channel running around the window designed to catch the rainwater and channel it over to one of four drains; located in each corner. If one or more drains clog, the channel can fill and the water can overflow onto the headliner. Easy enough to check and clear.

Easiest way is to take a air valve attached to an air compressor and add a short length (perhaps two ft) of 1/4" tubing to the end. Open the sunroof and while standing in the open window, run the tubing about a foot or so into the drain holes. Then blast the drain with a hundred psi and if there's anything clogging them, the air will clear out the gunk.

If you don't have a compressor, you can use heavy gauge string trimmer line. Just start feeding the line into the drain opening and keep twisting and push/pull until it goes all the way down to the outlet.

Either way, it should take only a couple of minutes work.

• Like 2