2007 Ford Edge with no start condition

Arebeeem2

Hello forum! Glad to have found this spot. I have a 2007 Ford Edge that I purchased a few months ago that had burnt coils. I replaced the coils plugs and had the PCM repaired and the vehicle still refuses to start. It will turn over but will not start. I have checked the fuel and fuel pressure and it is good. I have tested power and signal to the coils and there is no power to the coils. Can someone give me the next steps for my diagnosis? Any and all help is sincerely sincerely appreciated.

Check fuse 27 in the Smart Junction Box box. (feeds power to the PCM).

Ā 

Check fuse 33 in the Battery Junction Box.(feeds power to the coil packs).

Ā 

If both ok, pull the codes. (Suspect defective PCM, but more checking needed). Whatever the condition causing it, it should set s trouble code. (Code checkers are cheap and easy to use).

Ā 

BTW, in a no-start condition, if you can get it to start, shut it off and let it set. In the no-start condition, raw gas is feed to the catalytic converters. If there's raw gas in the cats when the engine starts, the temp will skyrocket and melt the material inside. Let the car sit to disipate thw extra gas. (There's another procedure where you let it run if you disconnect the air pump, but that's more of a hassle so just wait it out).

• Like 2

Soooo. I did get the Edge to start and run. Waited so I didn't melt the cats. Restarted and the engine ran like a v-twin (not in a good way) :-) MIL popped a code P0351. Unfortunately the car is remotely located so I don't get to it easily nor everyday. I replaced all plugs and coils with brand new before I installed the repaired PCM. I haven't tested the #1 coil yet, but I'm trying to see if there are others who have experienced this after doing the plug-coil-PCM repair? Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I'm also looking for body parts (ds fender and front ds door).Maybe someone can tell me if the 1.5 freshen front end will bolt onto the 1st gen?(I really like the freshened front!)