Kumho Crugen Tires?

PrinzII

Does anyone have these? I am considering a set for my 2011. The ones I am looking at are V Rated but rated for 60k.

Before anyone asks, the Yokos are worn (Got them to the 60k plus) and Yokohama does not have a similar replacement unless you go to 245/ 55/18 or some oddball size.

Edited by PrinzII

I now have 33,000 on the YK580's and will be surprised if I make it to 50,000. Been doing a lot more city driving these days so I'm not to disappointed especially since we got them for $284.00!!!! I remember being happy with a set of Kumho's I had on a Taurus but that was many moons ago.

The main appeal of the Kumho brand is price. I've never run a set on an Edge, but I had them on an Explorer I bought. The tires ended up being shot due to cupping that led to road noise at all speeds. I ended up having to replace those long before the usable tread was really shot. This from a tire that was mostly driven on the highway.

I now have 33,000 on the YK580's and will be surprised if I make it to 50,000. Been doing a lot more city driving these days so I'm not to disappointed especially since we got them for $284.00!!!! I remember being happy with a set of Kumho's I had on a Taurus but that was many moons ago.

Mine are almost at the 60+K mark and need to be replaced ASAP especially since it's the rainy season down here.

This just hit slickdeals but I'm not seeing any great deals on 245/60/18s this time around.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10423748-discount-tire-labor-day-sale-up-to-320-on-tires-and-wheels-8-29-9-6?v=1

Should have jumped on this deal but didn't wanna store them for a year:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10328304-cooper-discoverer-srx-105h-tire-245-60r18-set-of-4-300-after-pickup-discount-rebate-walmart?v=1&src=SiteSearch

Edited by fishx65

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the vibration has been dispatched, I can give you some feedback on these tires.

The Kumho Crugen KL33 is a tire designed strictly for crossovers like ours. Typically, Edge owners wind up with an H-rated tire but this was the only tire sold at Discount in the 245/60/18 size with a V speed rating and had a pretty decent price of $129/tire. The outer tread block is something that takes getting used to. It almost reminds you of an all-terrain tire but the inner tread design is more suited for crossover duty

So far, these tires are pretty smooth. They are as quiet as the Yokohamas and the Michelins. However, if you are looking for the low rolling resistance/fuel saving......fogeddaboutit.

Edited by PrinzII
  • Like 1

The choices for tire I had were this and the Falken. Neither of them had the low rolling resistance.

However, when I was peeping these rims in 20", I could get the Yokohama Geolandar G055 which has the low rolling resistance in the same size that would fit a Trailblazer SS..

Gianelle-Verdi-Black-Smoked.jpg

• Like 2

Since you compared them to Michelins it would be interesting to see how they feel and sound after the first 30-40K miles. New Michelins are great but as the softer outer compound wears and you enter the second stage of tire life between 30-40k they are hella noisy.

You have great taste in rims. I love that rim.

• Like 1

Since you compared them to Michelins it would be interesting to see how they feel and sound after the first 30-40K miles. New Michelins are great but as the softer outer compound wears and you enter the second stage of tire life between 30-40k they are hella noisy.

You have great taste in rims. I love that rim.

The Yokos were better in that regard. Even when worn, they were pretty smooth.

As for my taste in rims, I tend to pay close attention to how well a wheel goes with the lines of the car.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...