2013 3.5L PCV Valve?

gkyates

Does the 2013 Edge with 3.5l have a pcv valve? I purchased one from Rockauto when I ordered a few other things and now I can't seem to find a PCV vale on my Edge. I also do not find it referenced in the Owner's Manual. Can anyone tell me for certain if there is one, and if so, where it is?

If you're going to change the PCV think about doing the plugs at the same time. It may seem like a waste if you're at the halfway point in their lives, but it will give you a start point of 90,000 miles before they need to be done again. The intake manifold is a PITA to remove. If you do, be sure to have gaskets on hand. (Also some Band-Aids)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Old thread but for those searching like I was. I was able to change the pcv on a 2012 without removing intake. Had already done the plugs and reassembled which really isn't a big deal. Just lots of things to unplug, move around etc. Anyways a week later I realized I forgot to do the pcv.  Oh well. I only had to remove the plastic cover that goes around the oil filler and has one twist screw and a push anchor.  After this is off you can see the pcv on back side of engine just past the first plug/coil pack from passenger side. The toughest part was getting the spring clamp off / up so I could get the hose off. After that I used a small pair of pliers to twist out the pcv and the new one in. Spins out easily when you grip on the flats of the pcv.  Getting hose back on took a few minutes again because of the clamp. In hindsight, I should have just removed the hose up top where easily accessible and just twisted the pcv out while still in hose and reassembled the same way.  I feel sure it will twist out of engine and spin inside of the hose with clamp still engaged.  I'll find out next week when I do the explorer, also a 2012.

Edited by Krcole
ttpo
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here’s an update. There is an easier way. I elevated my front end using ramps. Then laid on my back with my head facing the rear of the car. If you scoot back behind the cross member and look up you’ll see the back side of the engine and valve cover. I was able to stick a bright shop light up there and my hand (which are big). It’s a long reach but you can clearly see the pcv, clamps, and rubber hose. A pair of plyers was all that I needed to loosen the clamp. Pushing up on the hose released it from the pcv. Pliers again were used to twist the pcv loose. Came out easily. Inserted the new one, slid the hose over it and reclamped it. I was done in 15 minutes. 

I have 116,000 miles on my Edge. This was the first time it was changed. I did have to remove the front and rear cosmetic engine covers.