Issues with ac 2011 Ford Edge

I recently had my car worked on because of in an accident I got in front right passenger , I got my bumper replaced hood worked on and lights replaced it took 5 weeks ! I got my car back and I now have NO A/C it blows hot air and now has a burning smell just recently heard a ticking noise I take it back to the FORD dealership and they tell me it's the compressor clutch freezing up and I need a new one . I'm having to go back and forth with the insurance company and he dealership about fixing this I had no issues and now this is broken ?! Is it a considence that it broke literally after I got it . The dealership is saying that my car is old and has alot of miles (70k) and its "about the time they got out " km so pissed that I may have to pay for something that isn't my issues . They took apart my radiator and condenser and re installed it btw ,please some one with there knowledge help me out !!