MKX vs Edge suspension

We have both and the MKX has a "cushier" ride (my wife describes it the same way). The MKX is heavier and has different springs and strut rebound rates.

There is so much that goes into the ride feel, like: weight, spring and strut rates, sound deadning, seat cushion and material, feedback through the steering wheel, tire/wheel combination, etc.

They feel different, because there are a lot of differences. The MKX ride is superior to our Edge ride, but the seat is more comfortable and sound deadning is better which contributes to the "Feel". It will be interesting to see how the "Sport" Edge suspension has been changed. That might be a source for upgrades to the Edge suspension. :happy feet:

Edited by Grey

If an Edge owner (say someone elderly) wanted a slightly softer ride, would MKX struts bolt right on to the Edge suspension providing slightly more damping? Since they are coilovers, the Edge springs I assume, could remain.

Edited by bkinblk

• 3 months later...
If an Edge owner (say someone elderly) wanted a slightly softer ride, would MKX struts bolt right on to the Edge suspension providing slightly more damping? Since they are coilovers, the Edge springs I assume, could remain.

I'm not sure about the suspension parts, but I know that the two vehicles come with different engine mounts for a softer ride on the MKX.