P0202 cylinder 2

PaulSchott

Thanks for the advice and help. Sorry to say that I'm taking the easy and expensive way out. I need my car back and my schedule at work this week is crazy. My trusted mechanic said that the job will max out at $300. I called the local ford dealer and he quoted over $600

Fuel injector @ $150

3.5 hrs labor @ $130/hr

New plenum gaskets @ $90

and I'm sure a host of other charges like the inevitable tax and disposal fees.

If I did it myself it would cost me $60 for the injector and about 20 for the gaskets so for another $220 I have the luxury of not swearing at that damn plenum!

I'm almost 70 and the thought of leaning over and engine is not as appealing as it was when I was 30. ;)

• Like 1

One day and it's all done. $325 out of the door and don't have to keep driving my cousins filthy Altima. I shouldn't complain but I had to kick the empty coffee cups out of the drivers side door lol. He also has a full tank because it was on fumes when he dropped it off. I will thank him and buy him a couple of scotches when he picks it up. When they had the plenum off I had them switch the coil packs in the back to the front bank.

• Like 2

One day and it's all done. $325 out of the door and don't have to keep driving my cousins filthy Altima. I shouldn't complain but I had to kick the empty coffee cups out of the drivers side door lol. He also has a full tank because it was on fumes when he dropped it off. I will thank him and buy him a couple of scotches when he picks it up. When they had the plenum off I had them switch the coil packs in the back to the front bank.

Reasonable and good planning.

• Like 2

It feels just like it did before the problem. Smooth idle, no check engine light. Oh yeah, I think it runs the 1/4 mile in about 8 seconds at about 150 and gets 42 MPG now. It could just be the turbo emblem on the back LOL

This hasn't been a banner year for the edge. Water pump and fuel injector, I'm at around $2000 in repairs this year. I still love the thing and at least I don't have any car payments.

My wife has a 2002 Grand Cherokee that looks new and has about 130,000 miles on it. It has the 4.0 liter engine and will go for another 130,000 without any major problems. I just do all the fluids every 50,000 miles. This is a car that is easy to maintain yourself. Nothing hidden and lots of room to work.

• Like 1