TSS/OSS replaced, still not working!

318lll1927

Good morning,

I got a great deal on a awd 2007, and we love it. However three days ago it lost all power and wife and kids were on side of road. I started it, drove for 10 seconds or so, revving high and barely moving. I would power completely off and back on, same thing. Limped it home like that and got to researching. After tinkering with it in driveway I did get the warning lights and this when placed in gear. I thought good, I just need to replace sensors. Did that last nite with a lot of help from board member, Thanks! Filled up fluid and same thing!. I did figure out it will go into limp mode within a minute of starting even if you don't attempt to drive it, but no lights. There does seem to be a slight rattle we never heard coming from tranny area though. Help! Im stumped! Im laid off right now from work so cash is very tight, hence me tackling this myself and hopefully with you guys!

sorry to hear! how many miles on your 2007, did you pull codes to see what the PCM has to say about this problem? You may be able to "rent" a scanner from the local auto parts store if you do not have one.

What brand sensors did you buy, btw? OEM/Ford/Motorcraft are highly recommended. Also did you put the gearshift in Neutral before starting the work? Did you disconnect the battery, also before beginning work? Might be worth trying a KAM reset as shown in this video:

Sometimes you have to go deeper and clear the transmission adaptive tables separately, as the KAM reset only changes PCM settings, not TCM (trans control module, also know as the solenoid body assembly).

It is possible the Transmission Range Sensor is at fault, and to replace it you basically have to remove the valve body & solenoid body. Same work as TSS/OSS. Have to be real careful though, coz it interacts with the parking pawl.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=180543

2007 Edge 6F50 Digital Transmission Range Sensor R&R.PDF

TSB 13-5-27_6F50-6F55 TRANSMISSION - SLIP-NEUTRAL OUT - 5TH GEAR START FROM STOP - BACKUP CAMERA ON IN DRIVE - BUILT 3-13-2009-6-30-2010 .pdf

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W