Intercooler Grill & AGS (2016 Sport)

snmjim

Chris already cut his plastic front end to make more room, I believe it did 0 for him.

I can imagine it won't do much, especially for the price, but I went for it anyway. even with a larger intercooler I can't see a whole lot of gains coming from a few extra holes, but the looks of it is more of what some of us were concerned with. Now that it is symmetrical, it is much more appealing to the eye.

• Like 2

Just got the word that they are shipping out on Monday :) . Now thats a fast turnaround for custom work at a great price. :rockon:.

I counted the all holes in the grill.. ( Not much to do today ). The new modified grill has 30.8% more air flow than the stock grill. That should help the IC considerably .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

The primary purpose was to enhance modified IC cooling capability & aesthetics was secondary...try again...lol

the primary purpose failed the real world test performed by chris. SOME of us wanted the aesthetics as the primary focus, knowing the cooling capability was not enhanced by his tests.

R U really going to whine after getting yours at cost, puts things into perspective now...seriously...lol

Yes. Yes I am. I like to spend that kind of money on things that have been proven to help performance. I went in on this for aesthetics only. What's the big deal? you got your money, he got his money, I got the part I wanted, I just paid more than I would have liked for it all said and done. Lesson learned for me.

also note: I'm a cheap bastard

• Like 4

the primary purpose failed the real world test performed by chris. SOME of us wanted the aesthetics as the primary focus, knowing the cooling capability was not enhanced by his tests.

Yes. Yes I am. I like to spend that kind of money on things that have been proven to help performance. I went in on this for aesthetics only. What's the big deal? you got your money, he got his money, I got the part I wanted, I just paid more than I would have liked for it all said and done. Lesson learned for me.

also note: I'm a cheap bastard

Well In our logs and tests, the grill didnt help max temps however it prolonged the max heat max. So your kind of correct, but not totally.

Almost the same concept of a heat blanket.

Also, not everyone is perfect. Chris may not of had a large enough test group or sample size. More than one person can provide input and fact.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 2

I will say that the TStat is not absolutely necessary, have seen a few EBs with all the gizmos and stock TStat running very well. To me, the programming that goes with the TStat is of greater value: fans come on earlier and run longer, that type of thing. Still, swapping in a TStat is SO easy, makes sense to do it. Another thing to look at is to see what the temp on the trans bypass valve TStat is at, and if there is a lower temp TStat that will fit/help.

• Like 3

Friday the 13 is my lucky day :), my IC grill just got here and it looks great. The cuts are laser sharp, super precise and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

Thanks to Special_K & snmjim for making this possible. :hat_tip:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Is it to late to get on the bandwagon?

Go back 2 page 2 of this topic thread & find the CNC machinist contact Info then ID & coordinate at least 3 people that want their grills done i.e. Nick Halstead then coordinate with the machinist...;-)

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

Hello all,

New to the forum and to the Edge Sport, but have been modding and racing my whole life. When it’s in the blood.... well you know. 

I am digging this back up to gauge interest from some of the newer members or older ones that would like to take advantage of this deal. I contacted Spencer and the price went up $10 dollars and is now 125 for 3 or more orders. I have borrowed smnjim original post information below for reference for anybody that is interested. I purchased a grille from eBay for $60 so I am set and waiting for a few to join in. I know there has to be at least a couple of you that want to get this mod done.

POC: Spencer Adams

Email: sadams.cds@gmail.com.

http://www.cdsplastics.com

Spencer Adams is the machinists who mills the grill and once again has offered to produce these for us at a big savings.

However, he can only lower the cost if we provide him with an order of at least 2-5.

He's doing this as a fellow car enthusiasts.

Pricing is as follows:

1-2 = $210 ea

3-5 = $125 ea

Please respond on this string with your interest and contact Spencer via email to facilitate the transaction.

Note: the finished product will be totally symmetrical but with the addition of the top two & bottom two half honey combs cut out as well.

NOTES:

Price includes packaging units back in their original box and material the grill was shipped in and any other handling required through the shipping process.

The only added price would be return shipping to the respective locations of each grill owner.

PayPal is preferred method of payment but not the only and payment is required (which will include return shipping) before return shipping.

• Like 3