Daytime Running Lights (DLR)

can't turn them off unless you unplug them. Yes you can tint them

No, they are wired directly to battery and have zero connections with headlamp assembly

What did you use and how?

BTW Brother...FREAKING BEAUTIFUL RIDE!

DAMMIT!!!

Just broke my passenger mirror coming out of the garage... :banghead::rant2::gaah::swear:

Any great deal resources out there?... :cry:

Edited by snmjim

What did you use and how?---------------Tint Vinyl from MetroRestyling

Did you wrap them in place or did you remove them first? I'm still looking for a way to tint the tail light lens all the way across the back, but it is just too contoured for me to wrap it. Did you tint yours just around the edges or something?

Did you wrap them in place or did you remove them first? I'm still looking for a way to tint the tail light lens all the way across the back, but it is just too contoured for me to wrap it. Did you tint yours just around the edges or something?

I wrapped them on the car, also tinted the LED on the mirror to match. Searching for a better image. I haven't tackled the back yet. A few members have. LaminX roll was what they did. I want my painted for that gloss look, but these tails are too expensive to replace when I get pulled over for them being tinted!

13277822_1599399163703872_2101049810_n.j

13129993_173962006338115_1824520952_n.jp

side view of tinted mirror and led

13706941_961209060644067_796104685_n.jpg

untinted mirror

14309960_1822843558002392_336969405_n.jp

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

I wrapped them on the car, also tinted the LED on the mirror to match. Searching for a better image. I haven't tackled the back yet. A few members have. LaminX roll was what they did. I want my painted for that gloss look, but these tails are too expensive to replace when I get pulled over for them being tinted!

Thanks again Nick. I'm pretty much over trying to find a decent option for tinting the rears. I also looked into buying a second set, but yes, way too much $$ as usual. Even the HID headlight assemblies are over $1,000 a piece!! Everything is so modular these days, so most times when buying parts, you don't even need most of what you were forced to buy.

post-39090-0-69683400-1504872004_thumb.jpg

I had the same issue on my 2011. After searching ebay and salvage yards with many near hits to my fully optioned mirror (electrically fine), I ended up getting it online at Levittown (a sponsor of this site). Best online price, and likely a discount if you reach out to their thread. Benny was very helpful. Mine actually came with the correct painted black cover

I paid $315 (with no sales tax in my state)

Root57

N response 2 your cost request 4 a new Ford passenger mirror it cost me $375 however thats at cost from a friend N the Ford parts Rm...;-)

My understanding from others its a $450-$550 retail part...OUCH!!!

4 A FREAKING MIRROR...WTF Over!!!

Edited by snmjim

here's the link to Levittown Ford showing mirrors for a 2016 SEL (not sure what you have). Price depends on options in your mirror, but I see a power folding chrome on that's $479! ($125 more than any of the others). Benny discounts from there

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=mirror

• 1 month later...

To access/remove the Day Time Running Lights (DRL) on your 2016 Sport you will need to remove the front/facia which takes all of 30-45 min once you know how. Ref ???

I removed my DRLs for the purpose of spray tinting since after careful examination noted that attempting to tint with overlay wrap was not going to workout to look good given my overlay experience of nill. So spray tinting was the choice.

I used VHT Nite-Shades (Ref Pic).

They recommend no more than three coats but I opted for 2.5 even moderate coats and got the affect I wanted (Ref Pics),

Clean surface with alcohol or any cleaner that doesn't leave a film i.e. lighter fluid.

Tape off.

Hang up in a dust free environment, with Temps & humidity in the manufactures recommended range.

Spray one coat at a time evenly with 15 min between coats

There you have it...da, da daaaaah!... :camera::drool::rockon:

post-46284-0-22857200-1508274448_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-63268700-1508274467_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-24055500-1508274471_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-92128600-1508274473_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-67800300-1508274476_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-29998800-1508274639_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-69687100-1508274869_thumb.png

2016 FORD EDGE SPORT DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHT.pdf

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

To access/remove the Day Time Running Lights (DRL) on your 2016 Sport you will need to remove the front/facia which takes all of 30-45 min once you know how.

Note: I'll be authoring a How-To with Pics for that one soon.

I removed my DRLs for the purpose of spray tinting since after careful examination noted that attempting to tint with overlay wrap was not going to workout to look good. So spray tinting was the choice.

I used VHT Nite-Shades (Ref Pic).

They recommend no more than three coats but I opted for 2 even moderate coats and got the affect I wanted (Ref Pics),

Two Screws hold the lights in and the rest of the retaining is with plastic clip points (Ref Pics)

Clean surface with alcohol or any cleaner that doesn't leave a film i.e. lighter fluid.

Tape off.

Hang up in a dust free environment, with Temps & humidity in the manufactures recommended range.

Spray one coat at a time evenly with 15 min between coats

Pop back in and there you have it...da, da daaaaah!... :camera::drool::rockon:

I tinted mine with film like Nick did and they came out great. I'm glad you posted what it entails to remove them and what the fixtures look like, so thanks! I may end up replacing mine with the euro drivers pkg versions that come with proper fog lamps in the middle instead of the fake plastic vents that they come with now.

Like these ones in an old post from someone:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17799-drivers-assistance-pkg-and-fog-lights/