Daytime Running Lights (DLR)

Skill sets are always the double edge sword and I totally agree... :doh:

With this issue time will tell... :headspin:

I'll post any negative impacts however, if the fading allows more light out but still provides the blacked out look when the car is off I'm good with that... :number1:

Worse case scenario...tape off the fascia instead of pulling the front off and shoot another coat, 15 min & BAM done!... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Root,

Let me know if U locate those fog lamps, they R baddass!

Also looking for

- The IC grill used N the SEMA/WEBASTO Edge.

- And/or developing an after market performance IC.

Any & all support and/or information is greatly appreciated.

I've only seen these ones for sale online so far. Chinese knock-offs that appear to have some angel eye LED feature around the actual fog lamp. Too much going on with these imo and I'm always skeptical of quality with things like this. I'll keep looking for the proper euro spec versions. I'm sure the euro OEM ones are super pricey, judging by how ridiculously expensive all the other OEM light fixtures are. And that Webasto IC grill is great looking, I never noticed that detail until you pointed it out. I doubt its available for sale, probably just a custom piece they made.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Daytime-Running-Fog-Lights-DRL-Angel-Eyes-kit-For-Ford-EDGE-2015-2017-/232056756848

I've only seen these ones for sale online so far. Chinese knock-offs that appear to have some angel eye LED feature around the actual fog lamp. Too much going on with these imo and I'm always skeptical of quality with things like this. I'll keep looking for the proper euro spec versions. I'm sure the euro OEM ones are super pricey, judging by how ridiculously expensive all the other OEM light fixtures are. And that Webasto IC grill is great looking, I never noticed that detail until you pointed it out. I doubt its available for sale, probably just a custom piece they made.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Daytime-Running-Fog-Lights-DRL-Angel-Eyes-kit-For-Ford-EDGE-2015-2017-/232056756848

Fogs- The Chinese fogs on ebay lack the brackets. The North American Spec edge does not have the brackets on the bumper or in the NA parts bin for ordering. Best bet is to look on the UK ebay not the american ebay. If you can find the brackets, you can then add the face plate. otherwise you got a custom nightmare going on.

Webasto grill is a one off and was sold to a member in Ford Edge Worldwide, it's cracked and is collecting dust as it waits repair

Skill sets are always the double edge sword and I totally agree... :doh:

With this issue time will tell... :headspin:

I'll post any negative impacts however, if the fading allows more light out but still provides the blacked out look when the car is off I'm good with that... :number1:

Worse case scenario...tape off the fascia instead of pulling the front off and shoot another coat, 15 min & BAM done!... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

wrapped in my driveway without removing and took all of 5 mins

14196128_10208842368149904_5439745174338

14207686_10208842374150054_1300283343371

don't forget to do the mirrors, otherwise it's just gonna look really odd

14183875_10208842350869472_3953094496405

14231265_10208842367949899_5347049801183

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

No, they were dipped as a joke to my wife when she went out of town for a few days to make her think I had them powder coated. For what it's worth, I hate dip with a passion but it was worth the prank.

I feel you on the plasti-dip. IMO it should never be used on body panels or especially wheels. Reminds me of that Flex Seal crap on the info-mercial lol. The only automotive use I found it good for was blacking out badging easily (or pranking the wife I suppose). I did my EDGE and SPORT rear badges almost a year ago and still looks great.

Edited by roots57

wrapped in my driveway without removing and took all of 5 mins

don't forget to do the mirrors, otherwise it's just gonna look really odd

Did the same with great results, including the side mirror lights. Wrapping only gets difficult for extreme contours in multiple planes (like the tail light lenses).

Edited by roots57