Rear hatch

Jtricer

I have a 2013 Ford Edge that has the power liftgate on it, I have been having trouble with liftgate arm not working properly sometimes it will open normally from the remote or the button on the dash, then maybe the next time you try it the liftgate may come up some then drop back down.

If you hit the remote two times really quick it may or may not go up or down properly.

Today it has started doing a thing where if the hatch doesn't go up properly then it will honk the horn.

Yesterday I took the liftgate actuator off of another Ford Edge of the same year and it seemed to be okay I operated it about ten times or more and it worked fine.

I put the original actuator back on and today it acts crazy again and the horn honking is a new thing it's doing

Any ideas ?

Thanks any help would appreciated

I wonder if the gas struts are bad/weak? I don't disagree with the actuator thought of enigma and the testing you did but here is a thought. I wonder if the horn honks because it thinks something is in the way of the hatch opening (obviously there is nothing there). If the struts can't help it up a weak actuator may fail if the struts can't help it along. Just a thought. Not sure why you didn't leave the other actuator on, but if it's a cost thing, 2 new struts may be the solution. Just spit-balling some another idea....

The only reason I didn't leave the actuator on was it came off of my mother in laws car.

After I put the original one back on my car it worked almost perfectly the rest of that day then yesterday it started acting up again.

I don't want to throw a $200 part at the problem if I'm not absolutely certain that will fix it.

The only reason I didn't leave the actuator on was it came off of my mother in laws car.

After I put the original one back on my car it worked almost perfectly the rest of that day then yesterday it started acting up again.

I don't want to throw a $200 part at the problem if I'm not absolutely certain that will fix it.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Thought the different actuator works perfectly and when you put the old one back on, didn't work again. Believe there is a rear hatch module that controls the it's operation. Perhaps the oem actuator is sending the wrong signals? (Never really looked at the service manual to see what controls the actuator).