Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

I just bought my second Edge!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 132 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

So I just bought a 2017 Titanium AWD. It's fully loaded...it's got stuff I didn't even know existed!

Traded in a 2013 SEL FWD. It was an awesome car and it'll be missed. I don't believe I had a single issue with it during the 56K miles I owned it. I was a little sad letting it go.

One thing I did notice is that the seats feel more narrow and stiff...dare I say it almost feels like sitting in an airplane seat. Maybe I'll get used to them, but my old Edge had the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in. Also, there seems to be hardly any head room. I was wondering if my seat was not lowered all the way, but it is.

But those two observations aside, this new Edge is amazing. Really excited to learn about all of the features. Excited about having AWD again. Never really seemed to miss it with the FWD Edge, but I am glad I wont have to worry about driving in snow or on some  light off-road stuff anymore. And that sunroof! My old Edge didn't have one. It's been pouring here since I bought it but I can't wait to crank that baby open!

I'll post some pictures when the weather clears up.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,627 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

I noticed the same thing on the MKX seats.  They do seem slightly more narrow although the MKX reserve seats are quite comfy and was a major reason we upgraded from the Edge.

#3 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,787 posts
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

#4 OFFLINE   vader06

vader06

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

So I just bought a 2017 Titanium AWD. It's fully loaded...it's got stuff I didn't even know existed!

Traded in a 2013 SEL FWD. It was an awesome car and it'll be missed. I don't believe I had a single issue with it during the 56K miles I owned it. I was a little sad letting it go.

One thing I did notice is that the seats feel more narrow and stiff...dare I say it almost feels like sitting in an airplane seat. Maybe I'll get used to them, but my old Edge had the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in. Also, there seems to be hardly any head room. I was wondering if my seat was not lowered all the way, but it is.

But those two observations aside, this new Edge is amazing. Really excited to learn about all of the features. Excited about having AWD again. Never really seemed to miss it with the FWD Edge, but I am glad I wont have to worry about driving in snow or on some  light off-road stuff anymore. And that sunroof! My old Edge didn't have one. It's been pouring here since I bought it but I can't wait to crank that baby open!

I'll post some pictures when the weather clears up.

How is the ride in the 2017 compare to the 2013 you owned? 

#5 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 132 posts
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

How is the ride in the 2017 compare to the 2013 you owned? 

Slightly worse. I am chalking up the differences between FWD in the '13 and AWD in the '17 but I feel a slight wheel shimmy in the '17 when on the highway. Never felt anything in the '13. It was like driving a cloud. Also feels like it has less giddy-up in low RPM's but again I chalk that up to the AWD.

Overall nothing major but some noticeable differences.

#6 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,971 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Sounds like one of your tires is out of balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users