2015 Titanium windshield

Heu guys, just swapped out my 2011 for a 2015 titanium. Love the car but 1 problem. When bough, there was a bubble patterm on the line of sight on the wimdshield. I saw it before buying it but thought it was adhessive from the sales sticker. Turned out to be a lamination issue according to the dealer since i couldnt get it off. I was under the 3 day return policy this dealer offers and almost returned it but decided not too since i like the car and the dealer said "Dont worry, we will replace the window no charge." So, the 3 day return came and went and the dealer changed the windshield. To my dissapointment, they threw in a non oem made by Acoustech. And worst of all, it has verticle distortion ripple right in the line of sight. So the cars jiggle as i move a head left a right just slightly. Its gives me a sick motion sickness feeling. Specially at night,tail lights dance all over! So... called them and told them anout it, this is tbeir lame excuse through a voicemail they left " oh... drive it by, must likely needs a cleaning." Bubahahaha! So i called them back and being frustrated told the general sales mamager that left the message that his bullshit is not valid with me since I am a former tech. The guy apologized and said they need to see it because he or the shop have NEVER heard of a wavy windshield. Jeebus.... lol. So im heading today for them to "cleam it". This my 3rd trip down there for this issue. Also, legally to drive at night i need glasses. So putting my glasses on at night with a heavy prescription has it own fun house effect, now imagine adding ripples. Not a fun ride. Sickening.

Question is

1: Acoustech a cheap brand?

2: how should i approach the dealer besides being rude

3: how can i make sure the window they put has the soumd dampening technology?

4: Will the dealer provide proof its a oem?

5:should i call corporate to report this amd have them talk to the dealer to make sure they do use OEM?

Thanks guys, like the car alot but its turning into a nightmare with the dealer I am dealing with.

Edited by 2011edgese

Use your backbone. Politely tell the dealer you want the crappy 3rd party glass (I've had multiple windshields replaced on different cars and 3rd party glass is never as good as OEM. I don't care what anyone says) replaced due to it not meeting OEM standards. It's not in need of "a cleaning". It's just cheap glass.

If they don't comply, time to get a bit more stern. It's unfortunately the only way sometimes with these dealers. If they still don't budge, threaten (or post) reviews on Google and social media. Ford corporate monitors these and the dealer can get in some big trouble if they don't meet certain customer service standards; these reviews factor in heavily into that. There is financial incentive for the dealer to have favorable reviews. I have a friend who is a sales manager at a dealer and he loathes bad reviews on Google and social media, they'll get a phone call almost immediately from Ford asking them to follow-up with the customer.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. I've had my share of poor customer service from dealers recently. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Lol i did. I told them its bull shit with cheap windshields and expect something either equal or better. They said they can cover some of the cost since it will be a oem and the bought car is used with no extended warranty. It the 36k is done for. no agreememt was made with oem so its a "As Is sale". So it will cost 80$ and oem will be put in by carlite. Takes me 1h 30m with trafficto get their each trip, just going to get it done. Had a better experience with my first ford dealer. But wont complaint, they filled up the tank 2 times already for these visits i drove into. Gotta give them credit for that.

• Like 1

Gotta choose your battles. At least this one strictly in $ for parts, did not end so badly. But it cost you your time & insurance coverage money, & patience. Just make sure the new windshield has all the features that the OEM was supposed to come with. Not just acoustic, but rain sensing if you have that on your Sport, for example.

Yep I constantly use the word legal because I have prescription glasses that I need to use to drive a night and I told him it's just a disgrace how I got treated with the real cheap after-market one and how it ruined my whole purchase. After that they said you're right and we will take care of it. So I just picked up the car and it's 100% better, what a difference I'm very happy now