2017 Edge Sport VTA Mod

Layne

Hey everyone, I had wanted to do a BOV for the 2017 Edge model and didn't want to spend the $200+ for it, after some research and doing a little gamble I found a VTA adaptor from Boomba racing for a fraction of the price. The one I initially wanted was the Turbosmart but when I saw the price it detoured me from it. Here's a link to the one I originally wanted: http://www.morepowertuning.com/TS-0203-1081

Here's the one from Boomba racing that I currently have on the 2017 model: http://www.boombaracing.com/fusion-sport-ecoboost-2-7-blow-off-valve-bov-adapter/

I know that is says it's for a fusion, but it fits on the edge, from what I can gather from looking at pictures only and correct me if I'm wrong but the fusion engine is identical in terms of placement for the edges, so I'm not saying that all parts for the fusion are interchangeable but they may be. (I don't have a fusion or money to be buying fusion parts and seeing if they fit on the edge) but I can say that the Boomba racing insert fits the edge. Instructions for the install are the same as for the edge that you will find the instructions on the boomba racing page.

Required items for install:

- 10mm socket and wrench with extension for engine cover

- E5 socket (Which I couldn't find, happens to be the female end of a torx bit, I used a 4mm socket)

- 3/16 Allen wrench

Took me about 10 minutes to install and It's a cool sound just to have for laughs in my opinion. No engine codes have been on and it's been installed for the last week.

I hope this helps everyone on finding an alternative to having a BOV haha total cost was about $73 shipped to me instead of $240 for the turbosmart and half the work had to be done.

Edited by Layne
  • Like 1

The one u have is not a BOV, its an adapter. They are totally different. The adapter is the same as doing the VTA mod but a pretty version. The turbosmart (which i have owned for almost 2 years) will not fail under high boost but the oem+adapter has that chance

Yeah that is true I just call it the same instead of the VTA mod but thank you for correcting me

Edited by Layne