Navigation Update

This forum was started for Navigation upgrades to Sync 3 but since the software update to V3.0 was mentioned, the V3.0 revision of the Sync software (not Navigation maps update) for my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium is available on-line or by wi-fi download today. I used a 32G USB formatted as exfat and it took about 18 minutes for the update. The *.xml file was not put on my USB when the update finished but the update was reported back to the owner site thru wi-fi. Now we need Ford to follow thru with a greatly needed update to the Navigation maps.

F150 owners are reporting the map updates are now available for purchase from the dealer.

Well supposedly map updates are out for SYNC3. Must be ordered through you dealer and requires your VIN and APIM serial #. Cost is around $150 and you get version 1.16...yup maps from 2016...what an upgrade.

Its brand new so don't be surprised if your dealer is in the dark yet. I would imagine Ford pushed out some info on it to the dealers.

Yup

I contacted the "Naviextras" support and they sent me back that Ford Sync3 Navigation map upgrades are thru this site https://why-update-ford.azurewebsites.net/

When I go on that site it shows OFFICIAL FORD SYNC® 3 NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE WEBSITE, BUT THAT SITE DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD THE MAP LOADER?

Based on the address for that site, that is most likely a development site and most likely not meant or ready for public use. The support group for Naviextras probably shouldn't be giving that address out since development sites usually have a lot of broken links.

I contacted the "Naviextras" support and they sent me back that Ford Sync3 Navigation map upgrades are thru this site https://why-update-ford.azurewebsites.net/

When I go on that site it shows OFFICIAL FORD SYNC® 3 NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE WEBSITE, BUT THAT SITE DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD THE MAP LOADER?

Did they ask or you inform them of what country you are in?

I normally don't post replies like this however this seems to be a common theme throughout all forums.

Quit arguing about if updates should be free or not. Ford doesn't care about your opinion on a forum. If you want to complain...call them up or post your frustration on their social media. I personally can't stand getting notifications of replies to a thread only to find out it's people bitching back and forth about maps being free or not, what's better, factory nav or google maps and all that stuff. If that's what you want to do then start a new thread dedicated to that.

People start threads to cover a particular topic...keep it on topic. This topic started off with the OP asking about map updates for his SYNC3 system and he is located in North America. That was in Sept of 17...map updates have finally been released in NA for SYNC3 and you have to pay for them and get them from a Ford parts dealer. It is considered an accessory item.

Sorry if I offended anyone...just feel it needs to be said.

• Like 3

Is this forum part of the Ford Motor Company?

Does anyone from Ford review this forum?

This forum is privately owned and there is no official affiliation with Ford Motor Company (despite what some people try to imply).

I'm sure some Ford employees monitor this forum and other Ford specific forums but if they do so it's anonymous.

Why exactly do you want to know?

This forum is privately owned and there is no official affiliation with Ford Motor Company (despite what some people try to imply).

I'm sure some Ford employees monitor this forum and other Ford specific forums but if they do so it's anonymous.

Why exactly do you want to know?

This forum shows the Ford Oval display several places which leads people to believe that it is a Ford Motor Company forum, that is misleading and probably illegal to use their registered trademark.

That's why a lot of us on here have complained about some of the things that Ford should be doing on this forum.

Years ago when I had my 2009 Mercury with the first SYNC system in it a forum similar to this one, which a Ford representative answered questions from time to time, actually came up with an answer after several owners complained. Then Ford release a software patch to modify the SYNC software and that rep. posted the information on the forum.

This forum should at least state in the heading that it is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company.

Since I now know this information I will not be complaining on it and just used it to get information from other owners.

This forum shows the Ford Oval display several places which leads people to believe that it is a Ford Motor Company forum, that is misleading and probably illegal to use their registered trademark.

That's why a lot of us on here have complained about some of the things that Ford should be doing on this forum.

Years ago when I had my 2009 Mercury with the first SYNC system in it a forum similar to this one, which a Ford representative answered questions from time to time, actually came up with an answer after several owners complained. Then Ford release a software patch to modify the SYNC software and that rep. posted the information on the forum.

This forum should at least state in the heading that it is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company.

Since I now know this information I will not be complaining on it and just used it to get information from other owners.

There are no Ford ovals or anything else that I can see that would lead someone to believe it was affiliated directly with Ford.

The site owner does have permission from Ford to host these forums about Ford vehicles and to use vehicle names for the website names.

Ford Service used to have a presence on many internet forums plus Twitter and Facebook. They did help quite a few people here but they stopped doing that a couple of years ago. There was never any Ford affiliation - they had regular member accounts just like anyone else. They did the same thing on multiple Ford enthusiast websites.

If you're expecting Ford corporate to actually monitor and respond to anything posted here you're wasting your time. This board is for Edge owners and enthusiasts only.

Akirby - just to point out - there are 4 ovals in this section of the forum so far, they are in your posts. If you respond to this than that will add another one. I will drop this now, but if you can't see them then see an eye doctor, since they are a copy of the Ford oval even the font is the same.

Get over it all of you...

Not Ford, Not Ford Affiliated...Most of the time the knowledge on here is FAR more useful than anything the dealer or even the Ford help line can provide. I routinely teach my dealer service department things they did not even know about the cars they service.

We are here to help. Want a Nav update to Sync, go pay the dealer. Don't want to pay then use Carplay or Android Auto, or wait for Waze to be supported. Seems pretty simple to me.

Moving on...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2015 sport - just ordered a new navigation SD - version A9 - my car, built in October 2016, had the version A6. For those that have Sync2, there is a database version worksheet to follow to determine if the update will work. Basically, CCPU version with the last five digits greater or equal to 12285, the updated SD card will work. Anything with an other CCPU version, you have to check - if its certain numbers, you may need to take your vehicle back to the dealership to do a software update. Go to settings icon the press help then system information to check. The cost is $150 for the SD card.

baseball - You have Sync2 system in your 2015 sport, we have been talking about navigation update for Sync3 systems. The A9 SD card is selling on eBay for around $60 now.

I was at my Ford dealer Tuesday and they said that the Ford site to get the navigation update is down and has been down for several weeks.