Titanium Trim interior shiny plastics tips

Well... my used trade in for my 2011 edge has a beautiful interior. But sadly the center console had scratches everywhere. Also all the shiny door power window trims had some minor scratches. I found a great solutiom for the center console but the window switch trim must be a different material, I am having a hard time getting it to shine. Ill post pics so you see the before amd after. As you can see, center is nice but power window needs more elbow grease. Has anyone found a good solution for the power window trim?

Edited by 2011edgese

Now... heres the power button trim. This one MUST be a different material. Whilr wet sanding, a little black was visible on the water.But sanded down the same as the console. But, putting the drill to polish it with Scratch X has been not been forgiving in time! Its taking at least 6 times longer to get a shine going. Heres a pic after about 2 hours of drilling. I stopped since the battery died on the drill. Compared to the center console, the console took 2 hours 30 min to do the whole thing. Any tips?

post-26104-0-74740200-1505253175_thumb.jpg

post-26104-0-30801400-1505253394_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2011edgese

I think you need to just start with a more aggressive material, then work your way up to less aggressive stuff. It's like you are trying to remove 40 grit sanding scratches with 2000 grit paper.

If you started with 220, to moved onto 320, then 400, then 600, then 800, then hit it with polish, you'd be done in about 20 minutes. Pop the piece out of the door and wet sand it. Don;t move onto the next grit until you removed all the scratches from the coarser grit.

Edited by IWRBB

I think you need to just start with a more aggressive material, then work your way up to less aggressive stuff. It's like you are trying to remove 40 grit sanding scratches with 2000 grit paper.

If you started with 220, to moved onto 320, then 400, then 600, then 800, then hit it with polish, you'd be done in about 20 minutes. Pop the piece out of the door and wet sand it. Don;t move onto the next grit until you removed all the scratches from the coarser grit.

I have a little experience wet sanding. I actually used 1500 to get the deep scratches off. Then when 2000 and finally 3000. Now im polishing it. But i thing its the heat I am missing from the orbital. My drill only goes 650 rpm. Is it easy to pop it out btw? Which corner.should i try to lift?

IwRBB... thxs! I managed to pull from the front and then pull the back. Gotta be carefull since its really on there good. But anyways, i buffed and buffed with plastic and couldnt get it to shine like the center console. I am stopping and leaving it. Bit since its rather easy to pop off, might be just better in bjying a replacement. What would yoilu call that piece? Is it a bezel?