Power Stop Z23 Evolution brake kit upgrade - great performance and value!!!

This is the first time I have used a PowerStop product. Guaranteed I will be back! These brakes have better bite than stock and ordering from AutoAnything was a breeze.

My findings:

a) You can tell that these rotors are higher quality than stock. They reminded me of the Brembos I ordered for my 1994 Maxima. They were definitely meaty. After bedding, they are so much smoother than the originals.

B) So far, the pads have not dusted despite the amount of bite they have. However, these are ceramic pads.

c) They will send the kit to you in two boxes. The heavier of the two is the front set. The lighter box is the rears.

d) Some may say I went a little overboard with replacing all 4 rotors. Truthfully, I think it was a better decision because, since I did buy this Edge used, I wanted to ensure even wear and mitigate any potential issues down the road (Especially when driving back home on I-17).

• Like 2

some would say that I went over board with replacing all 4 pads & the front Rotors on a year old vehicle, but I believe piece of mind, better stopping power & MUCH MUCH MUCH less brake dust, is worth it. Plus with the wife making a few highway 70-80mph to 5mph stops over the summer & no warpage, it definitely makes me feel better.

• Like 2

Don't think it's overboard. I would do it the exact same way. Usually you replace one and you have to replace the other a short time later or the lack of stopping power on the rear will not help the front do what it needs to. The thought is if the front warped it probably won't be long before the back does.

I remember one rental I drove the brake pedal pulsed and the front wheel shook every time I came to a stop. Good thing I only had that one for a few days, did not like that feeling!

The way I see it brakes are a set of 4 when it comes to 4-wheel disc brakes. If I had drum and disc I would not hesitate to just replace the disc without doing the drums, or visa versa.

I think you will be happy with the Centric rotors it's the only brand I use now. I used to like ceramic they don't tend to dust as much, but for my older Mitsubishi they would usually squeal like a pig after about 10k miles. Probably just the car, it had drums in back (lasted 100k) and discs that I switched out at least 4 times while I owned it. Once I got the semi's and Centric rotors that was the last front brake job I had to do. (before I traded it for my Edge)

• Like 2