Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

I've searched the web a bit and can find bits and pieces of information but I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list of the things you can modify on the Edge with the Forscan software.

If such a list does not exist, how about a thread where people can add specific settings that are modifiable and ask about ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

There are loads of little things that I would love to improve (from my subjective viewpoint) on the edge but I don't want to buy the OBD unit and spend time learning about the software if none of the things I want to do are possible.

An example of one extremely insignificant setting would be the number of flashes the turn-signal makes when you just tap the stalk. Three is simply not enough. I would like at least six or more. I know perfectly well that that I can simply hold the stalk and that this is really nit-picking but these are the types of details I'm thinking about and I'm just curious to know how much I can mod the car.

Another thing is that this car makes more beeps, bings, and gongs than a video game. They're annoying and ridiculous and I don't even pay attention to them anymore. I'd love to reduce or even eliminate some of them.

• Like 2

There is no Edge specific list, but generally, ForScan mods (As-Built Data, ABD) are similar amongst other Ford vehicles of the same generation. For the Edge, you can follow these:

2015+ Edge is similar to:

2016+ Explorer

2015+ F-150, Mustang

2013+ Fusion

The 2011-2014 Edge is similar to the 2011-2015 Explorer.

MyFord Touch (MFT) & Sync3 ABD (APIM) are usually irrelevant to the year, if a MOD is applicable to MFT, then it applied to all years with MFT, same goes to Sync3.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A list would be helpful but not imperative.

But do I have a few questions if you don't mind...

1) I have the forscan software downloaded but do not have a forscan/OBDII hardware device. I've seen them on Amazon and they have wireless, wired, and many different brands, etc.. any recommendation on which particular one to get? I use a desktop computer but my wife has a wireless enabled laptop that I could use. But I also understand that there is also an interface to Android. Just wondering if there were any advantages one over the other.

2) If you do a forscan mod I assume there is a way to go back to original config? Is there a methodology whereby you can have forscan changes saved as a module and then change them en masse? Meaning; Mod1 is 5 blinks+puddle light 10 sec delay+interior light delay.. etc, and Mod2 is 3 blinks+no puddle light delay... etc. Then you can just load each module and the changes are made wholesale.

3) Similarly to #2, can you save the default factory settings as an individual mod and then if you ever want to revert back to default settings (like selling or trading the vehicle) you just load that one up and everything is back to factory?

4) If you go overboard on mods and happen to change something you shouldn't is there the possibility of 'bricking the machine'? Meaning; can you really screw something up and not have a way to reverse it?

5) Lastly, if there is an issue with Sync/MFT that requires a dealer visit will a dealer give your grief about changes you have made. Might they refuse to work on the car?

Thanks for any feedback. I am just getting interested in forscan modding and might like to implement some. Thanks!

MODS: I do not want to hijack the thread and can start a new one elsewhere if needed. I just didn't know where to put this.

• Like 1

2016 Ford Edge FORscan changes

Green colors are Original setting Red colors are changes made

1 - Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of 3.

(SCCM) 724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash 4 = Two Flashes 6 = Three Flashes - (Default C02D 0600 xx ORIGINAL)
8 = Four Flashes A = Five Flashes C = Six Flashes E = Seven Flashes

• Like 6

2016 Ford Edge FORscan changes

Green colors are Original setting Red colors are changes made

1 - Change number of turn signal flashes on a quick tap of the stalk from the default of 3.

(SCCM) 724-01-01 xxxx xXxx xx

0 = One Flash 4 = Two Flashes 6 = Three Flashes - (Default C02D 0600 xx ORIGINAL)

8 = Four Flashes A = Five Flashes C = Six Flashes E = Seven Flashes

oh that is awesome! exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for. thank you so much.

i'll keep searching for other mods.

• Like 2

1) I have the forscan software downloaded but do not have a forscan/OBDII hardware device. I've seen them on Amazon and they have wireless, wired, and many different brands, etc.. any recommendation on which particular one to get? I use a desktop computer but my wife has a wireless enabled laptop that I could use. But I also understand that there is also an interface to Android.

This the one I use with my Android.

ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZTZLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GhTZzbR0P8B0F

Can't modify the car's internal settings (need laptop for that), but you can monitor hundreds of values.

• Like 3

This the one I use with my Android.

ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZTZLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GhTZzbR0P8B0F

Can't modify the car's internal settings (need laptop for that), but you can monitor hundreds of values.

Are you saying that you cannot modify the values that you need to modify to change behavior like the turn-signal flashes mentioned above? is that limitation due to the android app or the OBD tool?

I see that there is a WiFi version of this same tool available. If I use my PC will I be able to modify the things I want to modify?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the help though. I'm totally new to this and don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Are you saying that you cannot modify the values that you need to modify to change behavior like the turn-signal flashes mentioned above? is that limitation due to the android app or the OBD tool?

I see that there is a WiFi version of this same tool available. If I use my PC will I be able to modify the things I want to modify?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the help though. I'm totally new to this and don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Here is the one I used and it worked perfectly, Amazon for $29. My view of the OBD-II adapter was to just go with the hard wired version since I would be in the car when using it. The bluetooth feature is kind of unnecessary if you are making these changes from a laptop sitting in the drivers seat. Just seemed like one more thing that could go wrong. But I have read that the Bluetooth ones work just fine too, just my personal preference. You will need a PC with an extended license of Forscan to make any changes and there are plenty of instructions available on obtaining the extended licensed. I made a few changes to my BCM and posted the confirmed codes. The double honk when exiting the car while running was killing me so I shut that off. I also installed switchback LED front turn signals and had to disable the hyperflash feature in the BCM. Most of the confirmed BCM code changes are posted somewhere in the mods forum.

Amazon ODB-II tool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Z9LTVQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Technically the dealership can void your factory warranty if a failure can be linked to unapproved changes you made (which is pretty much any change at all). For example, if you have a wheel bearing fail, they cannot void your warranty based on you making BCM changes. But if you had an electronic component fail, then you could have issues with the dealership honoring your warranty. I plan on changing the BCM back to the stock config before I drop it at the dealership for maintenance, only takes a few minutes to do.

Edited by roots57
  • Like 2

thanks @roots57. I don't have a laptop, just a desktop, so i would need a wireless version. my desktop is within WiFi and/or BT range of the car but a cable would have to be impractically long. Interesting info about the warranty too. i too would put all mods back to stock before any service. i wonder if they have software that detects changes.

thanks @roots57. I don't have a laptop, just a desktop, so i would need a wireless version. my desktop is within WiFi and/or BT range of the car but a cable would have to be impractically long. Interesting info about the warranty too. i too would put all mods back to stock before any service. i wonder if they have software that detects changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a historical log of things like BCM changes, but I highly doubt that most technicians would even know how to access this type of data. Unless they have a reason to go exploring, I wouldn't worry about them figuring out that you changed BCM codes and then changed them back. BTW, you can always download your original as-built BCM configuration for your exact vehicle on the Ford website. Its based on your VIN number, in case you lose or forget your stock settings. If you need directions for this, let me know. Someone also posted the directions somewhere on the forum, which is where I got from.

• Like 2

This is great info and pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks roots! I just wanted to make sure I could reverse everything and go back to the as-built OEM config.

But, can one built a configuration off-line and then do an upload to the vehicle? I am still unsure as to that capability.

This is great info and pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks roots! I just wanted to make sure I could reverse everything and go back to the as-built OEM config.

But, can one built a configuration off-line and then do an upload to the vehicle? I am still unsure as to that capability.

I remember reading something about being able to upload the full BCM configuration all at once, but I cant image someone having very many items to change back, so doing changes one by one can't be much more difficult. I only have two things changed right now, and I may do one more, but thats all. So returning to the stock config shouldn't take but a few minutes each time. Plus my knowledge of BCMs and Forscan is probably just enough to get into trouble. I was nervous enough making the changes I made, so I'm quite happy just to stick with what I know works!

• Like 1

another thing that could be useful for the noob like me is a "forscan for dummies" or a primer of some sort.

do i need a license for the forscan software in order to modify the settings on my edge? i don't see a place to buy a license but there's mention of having an account but needing to meet certain criteria, etc. i can't figure out what the deal is here. is this some kind of underground cult with a secret handshake? i was hoping for a more straightforward experience; buy dongle, buy software, hack. it's not clear to me what i need to do/buy in order to proceed. can anyone give me the steps? thanks

Edited by ben senise

another thing that could be useful for the noob like me is a "forscan for dummies" or a primer of some sort.

do i need a license for the forscan software in order to modify the settings on my edge? i don't see a place to buy a license but there's mention of having an account but needing to meet certain criteria, etc. i can't figure out what the deal is here. is this some kind of underground cult with a secret handshake? i was hoping for a more straightforward experience; buy dongle, buy software, hack. it's not clear to me what i need to do/buy in order to proceed. can anyone give me the steps? thanks

For me, knowing little to nothing, this really helped:

http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

• Like 4

Hi,

I use the Wifi obdlink and iPhone and a Mac running VMware fusion/Windows 7.

I have posted on the 3 mods I gave done on the 2017 Edge - Lane change signalling to 5, removing the double honk, locking in park if FoB is not in the car.

I have ben looking at both Fusion and Explorer forums for codes. BTW I also have HP Tuner which exposes some cool mods,

like displaying what gear you are in. Sadly the software does not expose the raw info.

I will. Publish the list i have compiled so far,l tomorrow, typing this from my phone

• Like 2

Here are the three changes I made on 2017 Edge Sport, and One I am thinking about:

double honk edge 15+ - Confirmed except there was one other bit set and I left it set:

These are the ADB values for 2015+ Edge:

BdyCM 726-41-02 0001 0000 0071 (Double Honk Enabled, Default)

BdyCM 726-41-02 0000 0000 0070 (Double Honk Disabled)

# 4th/12th digit number is 1: double honk enabled

# 4th/12th digit number is 0: double honk disabled

Police mode - Confirmed

BdyCM as built 726-42-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx

set to 1

Prevents vehicle transmission from shifting out of Park without passive key inside vehicle (Shifter Locked w/No Key Detected message) 0=Disabled 1=Enabled

Turn Signal Flash Count Confirmed to 5 blinks

SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx xxxx x*xx xx

Replace * with one of the following:

0=1 Flash OUC False 1=1 Flash OUC True

2=1 Flash OUC False 3=1 Flash OUC True

4=2 Flashes OUC False 5=2 Flashes OUC True

6=3 Flashes OUC False 7=3 Flashes OUC True

8=4 Flashes OUC False 9=4 Flashes OUC True

A=5 Flashes OUC False B=5 Flashes OUC True

C=6 Flashes OUC False D=6 Flashes OUC True

E=7 Flashes OUC False F=7 Flashes OUC True

On Until Cancelled (OUC) means manually moving the turn signal arm in opposite direction or manually cancelling the turn signal. Two flashes are added automatically when trailer is attached.

I am thinking about this one:

Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt:

261 720-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx Xxxx xxxx

Note: Press Mirror Left or Right Switch before shifting into reverse

(IPC) 3 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled) Add Hex 4 to Existing Value: 3+4=7

740-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(DDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

740-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(DDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

741-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(PDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

741-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(PDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

• Like 4

great list of mods. i intend to do all of those. i ordered the OBD dongle and it should arrive tomorrow.

re the "police mode," does this mean that i'll be able to shift out of park as long as there's the key inside the car? that would be great. i've been in situations a few times where i just want to roll the car backwards of forwards a tiny bit but am unable to without starting the engine.

re side mirror tilt, is there no way to just have the passenger side mirror dip by default? i could live with the need to press the button since now if i need the mirror i have to press the button and then tilt the mirror myself.

i can't wait until my edge becomes "mine" in the way it works thanks to this forum.

Can you guys with the latest Gen Edges do the roll all the windows up/down thing with fob? I know the 15+ F150s can do that with a Forscan mod. That's one of the coolest things you can do with Forscan IMO.

The fob for my 2017 Edge Sport drops the front windows only.

great list of mods. i intend to do all of those. i ordered the OBD dongle and it should arrive tomorrow.

re the "police mode," does this mean that i'll be able to shift out of park as long as there's the key inside the car? that would be great. i've been in situations a few times where i just want to roll the car backwards of forwards a tiny bit but am unable to without starting the engine.

re side mirror tilt, is there no way to just have the passenger side mirror dip by default? i could live with the need to press the button since now if i need the mirror i have to press the button and then tilt the mirror myself.

i can't wait until my edge becomes "mine" in the way it works thanks to this forum.

Police mode means if the car is running and you get out and leave it running with the fob in your pocket then someone can't get in and drive away. I think the answer to your question is yes independent of police mode. you may have to turn the ignition on, but not start it.

For now I use seat memory 3 as the same as seat memory 1 but with the mirror tilted down.

• Like 1

Here everything I found...related to the Edge....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yax6zfhZYj2joBczEeruqKh9X5Qhee3C0ngilqwTA7E/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Distance Alert / Indication
Figured this one out this morning... I believe this is already factory enabled on Mondeo's, but not on our Fusion's.
Note: This mod requires the vehicle to have Adaptive Cruise Control and the Forward Collision Warning System with the Red HUD bar on the top of the dashboard.
CCM:
764-01-01 xxxx x2xx (some newer CCM modules may have an extra byte, just ignore it... ex: 764-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx) - existing value should be a 1. We are changing it to a 2.
IPC:
720-01-02 xxxx 9xxx (adding a 4 to existing value, mine was a 5 thus it is now a 9).
Distance Alert / Indication
"If the distance to the lead vehicle is small, the red warning light illuminates a small bar in the windshield."
Some instrument clusters also support displaying it as a Distance Indication picture above the vehicle icon as well.
Basically lights up half the red alert bar when you’re driving to close to another vehicle. It’s like a babysitter or when you have your driving learners permit and your mom is like slow down you’re too close hahaha.
----
Lincoln Ambient Lighting - Fixes Incorrect Color Choices When Using Lincoln Theme:
BCM (BdyCM) - 2014+:
726-31-02: xxxx 07xx xxxx
Reference:
Lincoln Theme (Master Enable):
7D0-01-02: 8xxx xxxx xxxx
Note: Car MUST be power cycled to see theme changes. Let vehicle sit for 2 minutes before turning back on.
Sync 3 Only - Also make one of these changes:
7D0-03-01: xxxx 02xx xxxx - Lincoln Timeless (Gold Theme, Black Icons)
7D0-03-01: xxxx 03xx xxxx - Lincoln Next (Gold Theme, White Icons)
Double honk enable disable for when leaving FOB in car and car is running.
These are the ADB values for 2015+ Edge:
BdyCM 726-41-02 0001 0000 0071 (Double Honk Enabled, Default)
BdyCM 726-41-02 0000 0000 0070 (Double Honk Disabled)
# 4th/12th digit number is 1: double honk enabled
# 4th/12th digit number is 0: double honk disabled
  • Like 3