Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

See the list below for the mods. As for the tails, no mods. Just the baby on board sticker.

I attached the list of all mods. The oem values are for my car so use yours. I couldn't post the table here as the forum doesn't like tables.

EDIT: Attaching the pdf didn't work as well. Here is a link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AufAlww3zzXuymY5J1IZ6Cr3Si24

In the list from the link you posted, I have a question: On the 11th line, it says "Heated Seat AND Heated Steering Wheel icons on home & climate screen "aren't they already there from the factory? I can already access the heated seats and steering wheel on the big screen but what difference does this specific code makes?

Thank you,

Claude. ;)

In the list from the link you posted, I have a question: On the 11th line, it says "Heated Seat AND Heated Steering Wheel icons on home & climate screen "aren't they already there from the factory? I can already access the heated seats and steering wheel on the big screen but what difference does this specific code makes?

Thank you,

Claude. ;)

On my car the oem setup did not have the heated seats and sw buttons on the home screen. I could only access them thru the climate screen. Some 401A package cars hadheated and cooled seats and heated sw buttons on the home screen. Keep in mind my car is Canadian spec.

On my car the oem setup did not have the heated seats and sw buttons on the home screen. I could only access them thru the climate screen. Some 401A package cars hadheated and cooled seats and heated sw buttons on the home screen. Keep in mind my car is Canadian spec.

Thanks for your reply… Is your Edge an "SEL" model?… If yes, then could it be the reason why you didn't have the buttons on the home screen?.. Mine is also a Canadian model but a "Titanium" and the heated steering wheel and heated seats controls are accessible from the home screen… I doubt that you can have access to the heated steering wheel controls through the cluster though… (I've already had the "Climate" controls enabled by my friend "cv27")...

Thanks,

Claude.

On Sync2, the following Mod does not work:

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x7xx Heated Seat AND Steering Wheel on home & climate screen

Given the right package, the 8" display on Sync2 will show by default heated and AC seat buttons, as well as the heated steering wheel.

When this Mod is applied, AC seat icons are removed from the home screen.

Thanks for your reply… Is your Edge an "SEL" model?… If yes, then could it be the reason why you didn't have the buttons on the home screen?.. Mine is also a Canadian model but a "Titanium" and the heated steering wheel and heated seats controls are accessible from the home screen… I doubt that you can have access to the heated steering wheel controls through the cluster though… (I've already had the "Climate" controls enabled by my friend "cv27")...

Thanks,

Claude.

I have 2016 Sport with 400A package. I don't remember if I had just the heated seats or no buttons at all on the home screen. I did that mod last year.

On Sync2, the following Mod does not work:

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x7xx Heated Seat AND Steering Wheel on home & climate screen

Given the right package, the 8" display on Sync2 will show by default heated and AC seat buttons, as well as the heated steering wheel.

When this Mod is applied, AC seat icons are removed from the home screen.

It seems given the right package, the buttons are shown.

• 3 weeks later...

ForSCAN codes ... 2013 Ford Edge Limited.

After a lot of searching, cross referencing and verifying, I've come up with these codes that I'm going to apply to my Edge today. I'll report back on the success of them once tested.

Not to say we don't have some knowledgeable and talented members here in our forums, but dam, some of the other forums (Ford Fusion) are off the hook with their ability to mod the various Ford systems. Ex: One guy found on the ACM (audio control module) where to cause the stock Sony Prem. sound system to disable the built in DSP and how to reroute the voice nav and other verbal output back to the ACM. Doing so cause the "head unit" to be just that, flat, low level outputs for use in an external amp configuration. He also confirmed (with an oscilloscope) what I've always heard and suspected that the Sony system neuters the sound as you increase the volume.

Anyways I digress. Much of what I was finding for ForSCAN codes for my 2013 (2011-2014) were not matching up with my "As Built" data. (factory defaults). They were saying you'll find this and change it to that. Only I wasn't find "this" at the specified address. Thus, my confidence in the info was low.

I did see that my series of Edge shared much (all?) of the electrical configuration as the Explorer 2011-2018 series. So with that I found this -> FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers and noticed that they called out the differences when the systems changed over in 2015/2016. More over, at each address that I was interested in, the expected "as built" or factory settings were exactly what I have for as built data per Ford. Confidence in the info is HIGH.

Even where there are additional settings at the same address but different bits, the "what you'll find" info matched what I had and knew on my as built.

So, changing the following - FINALLY !!

module address d1 d2 d3 change what it does

SCCM 724-01-01 8080 07D3 07 -> xxxx xDxx xx 6 turn signal flashes (confirmed, works as expected)
BCM 726-16-01 0111 56 -> xx0x xx Double honk disable (confirmed, works as expected)
BCM 726-13-01 0101 0000 43 -> x0x0 xxxx xx Hyper Flash disable front (confirmed, works as expected)
BCM 726-14-01 0000 0101 44 -> xxxx x0x0 xx Hyper Flash disable rear (confirmed, works as expected)
And yes .. I did do my happy dance!
Edited by Tacyon
  • Like 2

Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt:

261 720-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx Xxxx xxxx

Note: Press Mirror Left or Right Switch before shifting into reverse

(IPC) 3 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled) Add Hex 4 to Existing Value: 3+4=7

740-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(DDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

740-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(DDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

741-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(PDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

741-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(PDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

Did it work for you? The IPC will not show the setting for me. It does show Auto Fold in case I changed the value to F. But Mirror Tilt doesn't show in any case. Also, after making the DDM & PDM changes, the Tilt works, but after a while (maybe an ignition cycle) the mirrors wouldn't tilt, checking the values for PDM/DDM shows that the set values are still correct.

Distance Alert / Indication

Figured this one out this morning... I believe this is already factory enabled on Mondeo's, but not on our Fusion's.
Note: This mod requires the vehicle to have Adaptive Cruise Control and the Forward Collision Warning System with the Red HUD bar on the top of the dashboard.
CCM:
764-01-01 xxxx x2xx (some newer CCM modules may have an extra byte, just ignore it... ex: 764-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx) - existing value should be a 1. We are changing it to a 2.
IPC:
720-01-02 xxxx 9xxx (adding a 4 to existing value, mine was a 5 thus it is now a 9).
"If the distance to the lead vehicle is small, the red warning light illuminates a small bar in the windshield."
Some instrument clusters also support displaying it as a Distance Indication picture above the vehicle icon as well.

Did this work for you?

Figured this one out this morning... I believe this is already factory enabled on Mondeo's, but not on our Fusion's.
Note: This mod requires the vehicle to have Adaptive Cruise Control and the Forward Collision Warning System with the Red HUD bar on the top of the dashboard.
CCM:
764-01-01 xxxx x2xx (some newer CCM modules may have an extra byte, just ignore it... ex: 764-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx) - existing value should be a 1. We are changing it to a 2.
IPC:
720-01-02 xxxx 9xxx (adding a 4 to existing value, mine was a 5 thus it is now a 9).
"If the distance to the lead vehicle is small, the red warning light illuminates a small bar in the windshield."
Some instrument clusters also support displaying it as a Distance Indication picture above the vehicle icon as well.
Basically lights up half the red alert bar when you’re driving to close to another vehicle. It’s like a babysitter or when you have your driving learners permit and your mom is like slow down you’re too close hahaha.

Ok, tried it & it works on the 2016 Edge Sport with Adaptive Cruise Control, though not really useful.

Distance Alert in Action:

Enable/Disable in IPC:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So today I figured out 2 more mods:

1st, is the country of the IPC:

720-04-02: XXXX xx - US default is 5553. On my Edge it was 5141. So what I found changing it is that I get different language options for the IPC. Like I had English (UK), French & Arabic, while US will get English (US), Spanish & French. Also, with English (UK) the door open warning states Door "Open" instead of "Ajar" for US. Just some language differences.

2nd: This is probably only a Sync 2 (MFT) thing:

7D0-01-01: xxxX xxxx xx - My default was "A", adding 4 changed it to "E", when you turn off the ignition you usually get a quick Ford logo shutdown animation on the MFT 8" screen, with this edit, you'll instead get a black screen with the date & time that will remain there for a while or until you lock the vehicle. Note that the date format depends on the MFT language pack, since mine has the EU pack the date is in EU format (month in the middle).

post-24673-0-34360300-1523730984_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-01497400-1523730998_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-20623400-1523731008_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Add Equalizer Preset Buttons

Vehicle: 2011 Edge Limited with Sony Sound

Using Forscan added EQ Mode (off/Rock/Pop/Classical/Voice) selection.

This is in the APIM Module

7D0-01-02 xxxx xXxx xxxx Change BIG "X" to "8" (enable). The default is "0" Disabled.

(My default AS-BUILT was: 7D0-01-02 0403 0000 02E3 to activate I changed to: 7D0-01-02 0403 0800 02E3)

post-31561-0-73626100-1524245341_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry if this was covered but i couldn't find it - anyone have info on changing text messages in a 2013 Edge so the text can be displayed while driving? I'm not looking to engage in detailed conversations but it would be nice to read the message. If there's a way to also put in GPS routes while in motion that would definitely be helpful, i won't do it but my passenger would.

Sorry if this was covered but i couldn't find it - anyone have info on changing text messages in a 2013 Edge so the text can be displayed while driving? I'm not looking to engage in detailed conversations but it would be nice to read the message. If there's a way to also put in GPS routes while in motion that would definitely be helpful, i won't do it but my passenger would.

I think what you need is Nav-in-motion (it is under Sync 2):

Nav-in-motion (Country code) 11-15MY APIM 7D0-02-01 **** xxxx xxzz 5753 allows NAV in motion on Sync2 only but Sirius Travel Link no longer works

Basically, your changing the country code to another country that does not have that restriction.[/size][/background]

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

... If there's a way to also put in GPS routes while in motion that would definitely be helpful, i won't do it but my passenger would.

ForScan:

Module Section As built value Updated value Tested Status Parameters Notes

APIM 7D0-02-01 4341 0104 E447 x7xx xxxx xxxx 2018-02-25 Enabled Enable view text/nav input while in motion

• Like 1