Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

Double Honk was never mandated to manufacturer's, it's a good marketing plug, that's about it.

"if you ever leave your car running and get out with the keys, it will honk at you to remind you" says corporate world.

Never said it was mandated. I said it was being proposed as a federal requirement and Ford decided to get ahead of it and as a liability CYA.

Don't forget this was tied to a pending federal mandate to honk the horn when leaving a running vehicle without the key. That was based on deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning for folks who left the vehicle running in the garage, especially hybrids that may not be running when you stop but could start running as the battery drains.

The mandate never happened but Ford was being proactive and to avoid potential lawsuit liability. Blame the lawyers as much as anything on this one.

They did implement engine auto turn-off after ~45 minutes of idling.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I am fairly new to using forscan and have successfully made several changes to my f-150 in the last week including adding a remote start and unlocking the remote start menu in the dash.

Now I want to do the same to my wife's '16 Edge. I noticed in one of the posts someone actually linked the spreadsheet from the F-150 forum. Will ALL of those codes work on an Edge?

If I make the following changes in her vehicle will the remote start menu appear?

IPC 720-02-02 xxxx FDxx

BCM 726-22-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx

Can't say if it correct or not, but I recommend check-in the 2016+ Explorer sheets. Especially the IPC of the non-Platinum model is closer to the 2015+ Edge than the F150.

This is one sheet I saw:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

And another:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

Can't say if it correct or not, but I recommend check-in the 2016+ Explorer sheets. Especially the IPC of the non-Platinum model is closer to the 2015+ Edge than the F150.

This is one sheet I saw:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

And another:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

Fusion works best, it's same chassis

• Like 1

Have 2011 Limited (US version), Does not seem to be a lot of Mods with forscan available.for Limited that are not already activated

So far:

# of flashes for lane change turn signal from default 3 to 6

Turned off the belt reminder (I do wear my belt all the, I find the chime a pain when I'm just sitting doing other stuff with engine running)

Turned on Traffic Message channel (To be determined if it makes a difference)

I'm still trying to get the daytime running lights (HID's) activated specially the vertical LED's (theoretically NOT fog lights although Ford seems to refer to it as such)

Would it help Others with Programming if we started a Data base of "As Built" (.abt) files ?

I'm more than happy to share my factory data file.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish there was a way to turn off the signature lights while idling. But as it has been covered before they seem to operate completely independent of anything that can be changed in forscan.

I have used forscan to turn on secureilde, police(dark mode), mirror tilt(must press mirror button first then shift to reverse), adjusted power point time outs, added climate controls to the right dash display, global windows(fronts only supported)added seat controls to sync3 (redundant but I like how they fill up dead space) and that damn double honk. I think I had a few more but those are what I remember.

• Like 1

Perhaps of interest.....

Ford Edge PIDs for Monitoring (not found in OBDLink App)

Current Gear

min value 0, max value 6

PCM

OBD Mode 22

PID number 1E12

Equation: none

Intercooler Charge Temp

Units F

ECM

OBD Mode 22

PID 0461

((((A*256)+B)*.011404134)+9.26087)*1.8+32

Octane Ratio

“-“ is Good

range is -1 to 1

ECM

OBD Mode 22

PID Number 03E8

Equation (Signed(A)*256+B)/16384

PTU Temp

Units F

ECM

OBD Mode 22

PID Number 070D

Equation (((Signed(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10

TC Slip

Units RPM

values 0 = engaged, beyond 2000 not engaged

ECM

OBD Mode 22

PID Number 1E14

Equation (A*256 + B)/4

Transmission Temp

Units F

ECM

OBD Mode 22

PID Number 1E1C

Equation (((Signed(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10

• Like 2

Grill shutters and PID

Today I will play with HPTUNER and the setting of the Grill Shutters. In the settings are grill shutter settings for A and B. Not sure if A and B are for different grill shutter circuits or if A and B are for Drive and Sport mode...anyone know?

I don't have the codes for Forscan

Here is the PID Grill Shutter PID for monitoring

Grill Shutters
0-1 where 1 fully open
PCM
OBD Module 22
PID Number 0707
Equation A/255

• 2 weeks later...

There is no Edge specific list, but generally, ForScan mods (As-Built Data, ABD) are similar amongst other Ford vehicles of the same generation. For the Edge, you can follow these:

2015+ Edge is similar to:

2016+ Explorer

2015+ F-150, Mustang

2013+ Fusion

The 2011-2014 Edge is similar to the 2011-2015 Explorer.

MyFord Touch (MFT) & Sync3 ABD (APIM) are usually irrelevant to the year, if a MOD is applicable to MFT, then it applied to all years with MFT, same goes to Sync3.

I've seen a of number of posts that mention 2015+ Edge FORScan code alterations/modifications. Does anyone know if these can also be done in a 2012 Edge SEL V6? I would like to activate the digital speedometer in the left digital cluster, but I don't know it the option would even show in FORScan. Anyone know if it would even be an option in a 2012 Edge SEL before I order an OBDII ELM327 with MS/CAN and HS/CAN toggle switch. Also want to set the lane change blinker to 5 or 6 blinks instead of the standard 3 blinks.

I've seen a of number of posts that mention 2015+ Edge FORScan code alterations/modifications. Does anyone know if these can also be done in a 2012 Edge SEL V6? I would like to activate the digital speedometer in the left digital cluster, but I don't know it the option would even show in FORScan. Anyone know if it would even be an option in a 2012 Edge SEL before I order an OBDII ELM327 with MS/CAN and HS/CAN toggle switch. Also want to set the lane change blinker to 5 or 6 blinks instead of the standard 3 blinks.

Most of 2015+ mods are different because the vehicle's systems have changed.

I am not aware of any mod to enable the digital speedometer in 2011-2014 Edge.

Changing the lane change's 3-flashes to 4, 5, 6 or 7 is possible on the 2011-2014 Edge.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't get to go through the whole thread but I might be able to answer some questions and help out with the Forscan mods on the Edge. I got 2016 Sport 400A package. So far I did the following:

Disable DRLs (for HIDs to work)

Reverse mirror tilt

Global window close (Open was enabled from factory)

Disabled hyperflash (for my front LED turn signals)

Disabled front lamp outage (for HIDs to work)

Enabled secure idle (lock the shifter when fob is not in car while car is running)

Disabled double horn honk

Enabled heated SW and seats buttons on home screen on Sync

Enabled climate section on right cluster screen

Added fuel history display

Added hill start assist (haven't tested it yet)

Now here is my to do list that I am trying to figure out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know:

- Disable stability control (AdvanceTrac) for some fun in the snow

- Enable Auto hold (for the car to auto hold the brakes on a long traffic light)

- Disable "Language Set To English" prompt on every start when I enable the View Text Msgs/Nav Keyboard while in motion

If anyone wants the codes for the mods i've done, let me know.

• Like 1

I'll look more into this later, but:

720-01-01 xx2x xxxx xxxx AdvanceTrac disabled

I tried this by replacing it to 0 and 1. 2 is my OEM value. Changing it to 0 removed the Traction Control function in the left cluster under Driver Assist. I am bummed about this. I head the new Edge ST will have the ability to disable or "loosen" the stability control of the car for some fun. I'd love to be able to flash the new ST ECU and TCU tunes.

So I didn't get to go through the whole thread but I might be able to answer some questions and help out with the Forscan mods on the Edge. I got 2016 Sport 400A package. So far I did the following:

Reverse mirror tilt

Enabled secure idle (lock the shifter when fob is not in car while car is running)

Now here is my to do list that I am trying to figure out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know:

- Enable Auto hold (for the car to auto hold the brakes on a long traffic light)

- Disable "Language Set To English" prompt on every start when I enable the View Text Msgs/Nav Keyboard while in motion

You mention mods I don't think I've seen in the 4-5 sources I have. Could you post with a text or Excel attachment? Thanks.

Reverse mirror tilt

What did you use for the secure idle code change? Just want to make sure its what I have before I do it.

Also, did you tint your tail light lenses (it looks like it in your profile pic)? If so, what did you use? I did my own with dry apply Vvivid tint film.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, roots57 said:

What did you use for the secure idle code change? Just want to make sure its what I have before I do it.

Also, did you tint your tail light lenses (it looks like it in your profile pic)? If so, what did you use? I did my own with dry apply Vvivid tint film.

See the list below for the mods. As for the tails, no mods. Just the baby on board sticker.

On 2/22/2018 at 6:18 PM, cv27 said:

You mention mods I don't think I've seen in the 4-5 sources I have. Could you post with a text or Excel attachment? Thanks.

I attached the list of all mods. The oem values are for my car so use yours. I couldn't post the table here as the forum doesn't like tables.

Edited by Nois3
  • Like 3

See the list below for the mods. As for the tails, no mods. Just the baby on board sticker.

I attached the list of all mods. The oem values are for my car so use yours. I couldn't post the table here as the forum doesn't like tables.

EDIT: Attaching the pdf didn't work as well. Here is a link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AufAlww3zzXuymY5J1IZ6Cr3Si24

Thanks for your list.

I noticed your comment "but removes AWD gauge" on 720-01-01 "Adds an "Average Speed" menu item to Trip/Fuel menu". I have a 2015 and I see this same behavior on my mod. I just can't figure out how adding average speed impacts the AWD gauge. Any thoughts?

I didn't take a backup on this one: anybody with a 2015 happen to remember the original value on that byte?

Thanks for your list.

I noticed your comment "but removes AWD gauge" on 720-01-01 "Adds an "Average Speed" menu item to Trip/Fuel menu". I have a 2015 and I see this same behavior on my mod. I just can't figure out how adding average speed impacts the AWD gauge. Any thoughts?

I didn't take a backup on this one: anybody with a 2015 happen to remember the original value on that byte?

you can download your As Built data at

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Thanks for your list.

The mods that are Status Working are of no use for me or are a bit old. I just keep them as a reference. Also the first one it might be outdated.