G2 Edge Sport Wheels And Tires

Xtra

Ok back on topic, the summer tires are being installed today and it freezes last night. First time in over a year that Ice has formed on the bird bath, ironic.

Didn't you hear? You aren't allowed to install summer tires until people have their swimming pools open in Canada. Climate change, you know?

• Like 2

Finally got the car back with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed I like the ride and in the wet they have very good traction. While I was at it I also had the car aligned and had the front camber bolts installed that Mikula recommended :hat_tip: . The new bolts allowed an alignment by Galpin Auto Sports Performance Department that will work better in the canyons than the stock setup . I will post the alignment numbers later. I can't wait to get in the canyons on a dry day to see what the PS4S tires can really do :shift: .

Finally got the car back with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed I like the ride and in the wet they have very good traction. While I was at it I also had the car aligned and had the front camber bolts installed that Mikula recommended :hat_tip: . The new bolts allowed an alignment by Galpin Auto Sports Performance Department that will work better in the canyons than the stock setup . I will post the alignment numbers later. I can't wait to get in the canyons on a dry day to see what the PS4S tires can really do :shift: .

Did you go with a bit extra negative camber in the fronts?

Ok then.... I just got back from a test run. The new tires, alignment, new rear shocks, transmission flush and the V3 tune have just paid off with huge improvements. My old best time ever was a 1:07 and that was what I thought was the max possible. I ran that 1:07 at the end of last summer after I had been running almost every weekend. I just ran a 1:04 the first time out with the new set up :happy feet: :shift: . I have not run that road in a couple months and am very rusty. I could only get one run in as the CHP showed up to spoil the party. The PS4S tires kick butt and the V3 tune has them begging for traction coming out of the corners. My old Scorpion tires use to squeal through the cornrers , now my tires squeal coming out of the corner when I get back on the gas. :rockon: I would recommend the PS4S to anyone looking for a great summer tire.

Ā 

Here is the chassis set up :

post-46130-0-28568700-1520214987_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/40R21:

post-46130-0-70850000-1520218023_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-11252300-1520218858_thumb.jpg

Ā 

This is how they look after a run, sticky stuff :

post-46130-0-42201300-1520217775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra

Almost forgot, the tires squeal through most of first and second gear now under hard acceleration. No rubber patches or smoke, just this bitchen sound of the tires fighting for grip. B):2thumbs: . It might have been the condition of the road that caused it because the road had just dried out from some overnight rain.

Ā 

post-46130-0-80888000-1520219734_thumb.jpg

Ā 

post-46130-0-94147700-1520275745_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtra

Almost forgot, the tires squeal through most of first and second gear now under hard acceleration. No rubber patches or smoke, just this bitchen sound of the tires fighting for grip. B):2thumbs: .

Livernois said the tune increased power on the top end, but their dyno showed the torque curve moving down quite a bit. end result would get you what you're seeing here. max torque used to peak at about 3000 and was relatively flat to about 4300. the v3 tune shows peak torque about 2600, but steadily drops the rest of the way

• Like 1

Livernois said the tune increased power on the top end, but their dyno showed the torque curve moving down quite a bit. end result would get you what you're seeing here. max torque used to peak at about 3000 and was relatively flat to about 4300. the v3 tune shows peak torque about 2600, but steadily drops the rest of the way

It is as you say, I can feel the difference in the low to mid range. This is fine with me as it makes the car fun to drive in the canyons and charging out of the corners is tons of fun. In a 1/4 mile drag race it may hurt not having that top end pulling power, but from stop light to stoplight it is super quick.

• Like 2

It is as you say, I can feel the difference in the low to mid range. This is fine with me as it makes the car fun to drive in the canyons and charging out of the corners is tons of fun. In a 1/4 mile drag race it may hurt not having that top end pulling power, but from stop light to stoplight it is super quick.

I took a video of a 3k torque brake launch in front of my place. Just tried to roast the tires off in a video to send to a few of my friends that think this mommy van isn't a freakin trip to drive. Between that and my recent time slip, I think i've converted a few of them into believers.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2017 at 7:46 AM, 1004ron said:

Roots, based on your review I'd like to try those tires, but can't find them listed with any of my local tire fitment places.

Ā 

Where did you buy yours?

Ā 

I was thinking of buying them online and having a tire fitment shop install and balance them, but many of these places wont do that if you didn't buy the tires from them.

@roots57

I took advantage of the "Presidents Day" sale and had a set of Atturo delivered - I'm at 41K miles now and looks like I'll make it to 55K miles on the original P-Zero's.

How many miles to you get on the Atturo's?

Ā 

Still haven't lined up an installer, but looks like Big-O will be the best for me.

Ā 

Ā 

Atturo Tires.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I paid Tire Discounters $138 for the installation, balancing and disposal of the old tires.

Ā 

Free wheel alignment check was included - they got it up on the Hunter rig and came to me with the printout showing rear and front toe out by a small fraction (three decimal places) and recommended that I pay the $90 to have it corrected - they weren't impressed when I said no thanks - my tire wear has been perfect and I see no reason to disturb that for 0.002 toe.

Ā 

I've only got 550 miles and happy with the Atturo so far - quiet and good in the wet - I'm not a "spirited" driver, so can't really comment on grip etc.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/5/2019 at 9:54 AM, onyxbfly said:

Thanks for sharing! That's a great deal.Ā  I wish they were all season tires.Ā 

The best price on these now is at Walmart for $153.74 and tires bought from them they'll fit for $15 each.

Ā 

Atturo AZ850 Performance Tire - 265/40R21 105Y - Walmart.com

Ā 

I'm going to buy a set now, but will only need to install in about 6 to 8 months.

Ā 

Edit:

What's the waring about not to buy from Walmart or Amazon?

Ā 

Online Dealers - Atturo

Ā 

WARNING:Ā DO NOT BUY ATTURO TIRES FROM AMAZON, WALMARTĀ OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS.Ā 

Edited by 1004ron

On 12/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, 1004ron said:

The best price on these now is at Walmart for $153.74 and tires bought from them they'll fit for $15 each.

Ā 

Atturo AZ850 Performance Tire - 265/40R21 105Y - Walmart.com

Ā 

I'm going to buy a set now, but will only need to install in about 6 to 8 months.

Ā 

Edit:

Ā 

Online Dealers - Atturo

Ā 

WARNING:Ā DO NOT BUY ATTURO TIRES FROM AMAZON, WALMARTĀ OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS.Ā 

Ā 

Those are some sharp looking tires. If they perform half as good as they look you should get your monies worth!

On 12/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, 1004ron said:

Edit:

The usual reason is they only warrant their tires if sold and installed by an authorized dealer. Buy from Amazon or other discount outlet and they will refuse to honor their warranty. Fairly common way to protect their dealer network.

• Thanks 1