Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

G2 Edge Sport Wheels And Tires

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 309 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Can't find and tire shops in my area that have the AZ850, and none that I know of that will fit tires you bring in.

Edit: Ken Towery's will fit and balance them for $90 , plus $90 for wheel alignment.

BTW, the KT person I spoke to tried to talk me out of trying the Atturo tires - said the ride would be vastly different, ........ sounded like sales talk more than anything else.

I doubt you will find these tires in a shop near by, especially in the 21" size.  And yes, it surely sounds like the dude was just trying to get you to purchase from his shop, and probably hasn't even seen an Atturo tire in person, let alone drive on them.  And the ride is nearly the same as the Pirellis, actually a bit less harsh than the p-zeros IMO, probably a result of the slightly softer compound and deeper tread depth on the AZ850s.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   MaX83_ZA

MaX83_ZA

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 72 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Those look like a close replica of the old Bridgestone Potenze RE050's

Potenza_RE050a.jpg

• 1004ron likes this

#23 ONLINE   1004ron

1004ron

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 182 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Those look like a close replica of the old Bridgestone Potenze RE050's

You're right, that is a striking resemblance. 

#24 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

While roots57 has found perhaps the best bang for the buck summer tire out there in the AZ850 for our Edge Sports with 21 inch rims. I just found the highest performance tire available for our cars.
 Michelin is now offering their latest greatest summer tire in 265/40/R 21. This is good news because we now have more summer tires to choose from.  The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S has been lauded as the top summer tire in testing by TireRack, and it has a 30,000 mile limited tread wear warranty. It has 9% better tread life than the older Pilot Sport ( that did not come in 265/40R21 ) has better fuel efficiency, better wet and dry braking and is faster on the track. It must be expensive because Tire Rack does not give a price. I would think the price would be comparable to the Continental Extreme Sport Contact or the Pirelli PZ4 as they are direct competitors, neither are avalable in 265/40R21.

Tires Tested include:

Continental Extreme Contact Sport.  Their top of the line summer tire

Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) Perelli's newest and best summer tire yet

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 

You can read the entire report here : 

https://www.tirerack...ay.jsp?ttid=223

Strange link you will have to click on "Tire Rack continue to Tire Rack. com"  to see the review

Edited by Xtra, 24 December 2017 - 11:33 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and Beezz like this

#25 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Thats good news. Maybe a little market competition will start bringing the performance tire prices down a bit for this 21" oddball size
  • Xtra likes this

#26 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

After looking for a while I finally found a site that had a price listed for the Michelin PS4S in 265/40R21,  $360 each. As this was the only site with a price listed for the PS4S, I don't know if that price is high or low.

Edited by Xtra, 25 December 2017 - 03:13 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#27 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:22 AM

OG Michelin Man

Attached File  OG MICHELIN MAN.jpg   73.04KB   0 downloads

Edited by Xtra, 30 December 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

Bump

Edited by Xtra, 30 December 2017 - 02:24 AM.

#29 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Just ordered up a set of Michelin 265/40ZR21 Pilot Sport 4S  Summer tires. The PS4S is Michelin's newest summer tire design. After trying all my local tire shops with no luck finding anyone who carried or could get this tire, I contacted The Tire Rack . Even they could not get them, they told me to try again in March . Tire Rack is asking $358.97 each. So I called Michelin N America to find out whats going on, and they said that they have 365 tires freshly made in December 2017 in my size in stock for all of N America. Then I called The Tire Rack back and told them this information ... it dd not help and they gave me the same answer, try again in March. A little frustrating, all this work and I can't locate any retailers who can get this tire even though they advertise them and Michelin has them in stock. .  

Though the PS4S in 265/40ZR21 is not listed on their web site, in a last ditch effort I decided to call Discounted Tire Warehouse located about 60 miles from me. To my surprise they said they could get the tires for me in a week... and for only $320 each. $320 is the best price I have found anyplace, and they can get them!! It will probably be the only time I get these as they cost so much, but I have to try them out once. And just in time for summer fun, look out Snake here I come. :shift:

#30 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Nice, those are supposed to be awesome tires, no more squealing around those s-turns like the scorpion verdes.  They are supposed to look really good too, laser etched sidewall design.  Have you looked at your rear shocks to make sure they aren't leaking too?

#31 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Have you looked at your rear shocks to make sure they aren't leaking too?

No I haven't. When I put on the new tires I will check out both the front and rear shocks.Thanks for the tip. Have you had any problems with yours?  

#32 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 417 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:23 AM

Very nice. Best summer tire on the market! Too rich for my blood though.
  • Xtra likes this

#33 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Very nice. Best summer tire on the market! Too rich for my blood though.

This is just a one time thing as the price is outragious. Next time it will be the AZ850.

#34 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:15 AM

Going to pick up the tires today, but not install them. I have the new camber bolts as recommended by Mikula .. and a new set of rear shocks to install as well, just in case they are leaking..... I am going to have GAS mount and balance the PS4S tires, install the new rear shocks if needed and camber bolts then do the alignment all at the same time. Once done the suspension should be in tip top shape.  Oh! and Discounted Wheel Warehouse is very close to Disneyland so I am going there after I pick up the tires. 

Edited by Xtra, 15 February 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:17 AM

Mmmmm the smell of fresh tires :happy feet:  :happy feet:  :happy feet: Attached File  MITCHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S 265:40ZR21.jpg   149.48KB   0 downloads

Edited by Xtra, 16 February 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Going to pick up the tires today, but not install them. I have the new camber bolts as recommended by Mikula .. and a new set of rear shocks to install as well, just in case they are leaking..... I am going to have GAS mount and balance the PS4S tires, install the new rear shocks if needed and camber bolts then do the alignment all at the same time. Once done the suspension should be in tip top shape.  Oh! and Discounted Wheel Warehouse is very close to Disneyland so I am going there after I pick up the tires. 

Good idea on the new shocks, my left one blew out completely the other day, hydraulic fluid all over the ground, now I have to drive all slow and careful over bumps or it bottoms out against the bump stop.  Wont have time until Sunday to replace them.  Where did you get your replacement shocks?  Maybe ask the guys at GAS if they can point us in the right direction for a performance shock that might fit our Edges!

#37 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 252 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Going to pick up the tires today, but not install them. I have the new camber bolts as recommended by Mikula .. and a new set of rear shocks to install as well, just in case they are leaking..... 

Good idea on the new shocks, my left one blew out completely the other day, hydraulic fluid all over the ground, now I have to drive all slow and careful over bumps or it bottoms out against the bump stop.  Wont have time until Sunday to replace them.  

If you guys could, PLEASE take notes of what tools you use/need for the rear shock replacement. I'm going on a road trip here shortly and might just buy a pair of shocks and bring the tools with me. if the thing blows out while i'm on the trip, i'd like to be able to swap it in a parking lot.

much appreciated!  B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users