Hey there!

Xephiron

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 2017 but it's a little funny I just picked up a new to me 2014 Limited 3.5 V6 and love it and also still figuring out all of the buttons. Best of luck on the new ride.

I enjoyed the 3.5, it has power with RPM's. I guess it is all relevant, I previously had a BMW 335i heavily modified/tuned so the boost addiction goes deep :drop: I still like the 2014 body style, 1 of a kind :thumbsup:

Ā 

Welcome aboard, and congrats on the "upgrade"! Nice to have that bottom end torque isn't it? Post pics of your new ride when you get a chance, please :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera:

Yeah, I need to do a thorough detailing on it before I take official pics ... I have a lineup of McGuire NXT wash and wax to apply so the black color looks wet and glassy! Maybe this weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you know which coating specifically? I'm a bit out of touch with the newest products, 3 years was the last I heard for pro-applied coatings. Don't know if Feynlab's products have a better warranty.

Sorry, been out of pocket for a bit. Here is a link to the detailer I am using:

Ā 

http://www.insanepaintdetailing.com/ceramic-coatings.html

• Like 1

Yeah that is a good 10 year, a bit pricey. I am looking probably more along the lines of this 7 year one...

Ā 

Gtechniq Crystal Serum "CS Black" 7yr

Ā 

It will depend on what Chase recommends too. Still haven't pulled the trigger for sure, I could end up with just a polish and wax ;) Ceramic is pretty expensive, but in the long run can actually be cheaper than yearly waxing. I have until mid December to decide I guess :spend:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally! Got it detailed. Full exterior and interior detailing, including the engine bay... and I got a 2 stage cut and polish for the paint to make sure it was flawless. I also had them apply a 7 year warranty ceramic, Crystal Serum, and the vehicle looks PERFECT! I took a couple of pics with my Galaxy Tab S3, and I will get some high-res from Chase (owner) once he posts them all to Instagram. Enjoy :)

post-48348-0-31260900-1513115683_thumb.jpg

post-48348-0-66664000-1513115689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IPAD is probably one of the TOP detail companies in the country! I've been following them for a long time on instagram. All of their work is worth it. I don't know about 7yrs on the ceramic though. That seems long, and Ceramic varies too. IPAD says Gyeon Can Coat will last 18 months, Esoteric Car Care says it will last only 6. Just some advice to keep in mind. Not that I'm doubting IPAD one bit. Just some info

Certainly understand the concerns. There are many various coatings, based on what you want and... well, let's face it, price. I got the Gtechniq Crystal Serum 7 year "guaranteed" coating and I know that I got my money's worth. I have a brochure signed and dated by Chase (IPAD) and it supports the 7 year guarantee. I also have a decal in my driver's side door well with the same information. I attached some pics showing the warranty, maintenance instructions, etc. There are different levels, based on budget, but IPAD is a certified installer of the professional line of products (not available to the public) and I assure you there are extreme differences. Either way, I am beyond happy :)

post-48348-0-46566500-1513205883_thumb.jpg

post-48348-0-03045500-1513205890_thumb.jpg

post-48348-0-67248900-1513205895_thumb.jpg

post-48348-0-44706400-1513205900_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...