Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

snmjim

So we are just supposed to believe the brochure? Come on. Is there an independent test?

If I sold it I would call mine the most accurate too...but why did the other guys get it on so wrong...

If you have a problem with Dyno Dynamic advertising contact them and they will be happy to explain why they think they are the most accurate . This is a turbo thread and discussion about who has the best dyno belongs in a new Dyno thread. As long as I continue to test on the same dyno I will be able to compare the base numbers I established with the stock turbos to my new custom Comp turbo's output. Apples to apples.

Edited by Xtra

We totally support Xtras concept.

If your testing for performance increases per modification then as long as the same Dyno is used and atmospheric conditions are similar then you will have a general idea of increase.

However, if your looking for accuracy in data then you must do your Dyno research & analysis in addition to scheduling your test when atmospheric conditions are the same as the initial test, thats if it's not in an atmospherically controlled environment.

Go Xtra Go!!!

Update: We're on hold for installing our Max modified Turbos until we can get the vendors their Dyno & track data for the IC & cold pipe. We have reason to believe the Dyno we're using is not baseline set correctly & amospherically affected since it's in a tight open bay.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

If you guys are anywhere near Livernois I would use the dyno they share with Ford.

It accounts for everything and data is comparable regardless of season. Drove 1200 miles round trip to verify my own tune on last vehicle after getting on one of these "heart break dynos"

The weather will be a factor as the dyno is set just inside a door that is open. On the day I did the baseline tests we where in a heat wave and the temp was 92*F on 4-10. I am sure that the hot weather had something to do with the low numbers. It has not been that hot since. The new UP IC should be able to handle those temperatures with ease.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Xtra, anything new to share with us, maybe a video of all 4 spinning?

The car is in for warranty service and might be back by Wednesday. It has been gone for a few weeks now and I miss that car and I have yet to drive it. I will be posting info and videos when I get the car back. I can only hope that all this work was worth it and perhaps it will smoke all 4 tires I don't know. I do know that snmjims car is going to be faster than mine.

• Like 1

If it is not one thing it is another it has been a full month and I am still waiting. The performance work is done. The warranty work is done. But my car was vandalized and suffered some minor damage. The hood wrap and a dent in the hood is the worst of it there is some scratches in the rear trunk hatch , some scratches and small dents in the drivers door and the headlight wrap was messed up as well. about $3,500 worth.

Some people are haters :spiteful: so don't take your custom bitchen' car into the barrio. :(:shrug:

• Like 1

My car is fixed up like new and I had a chance to drive it a little. When putting around in stop and go city traffic there is no difference at all. I was just cruising at around 30 mph and decided to open it up a little . I punched it to 3/4 throttle, it down shifted and broke the tire loose. I accelerated to around 50 MPH with the tires complaining all the way. Seat of the pants say it is as strong with the stock tune as it was before the mods with the V3 tune. I have yet to run full throttle I am going to baby it until I can get it on a dyno and know it is safe to run wide open.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 4

Gave it more gas and took it to around 5,800 rpm, it has much better top end than ever before and pulls hard all the way. I still haven't just floored it off the line yet and let it shift at red line. Or held the brake, let the turbos spool up and give it all she's got. I am taking it slow until I can get some feedback on the dyno.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the Dyno Shop and have the base numbers. I was surprised by the numbers especially the V3 output and how after 5,000rpm power fell off so quick. All numbers are taken at the wheels.

Stock HP 224.3 @ 5,000 rpm

Stock TQ 280 @ 3,400 rpm

LMS 91 V3 HP 231.7 @ 5250rpm

LMS 91V3 TQ 305 @ 3,500 rpm

attachicon.gifDYNO STOCK AND LMS91-V3.JPG

Pink is stock. Green is V3 Tune. The upper two lines are TQ. The bottom two lines are HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xcf44viKrA

Xtra, took some time for me to find this post but I just wanted to get on the same page.

I went racing on Friday in 80 degree heat with 2000DA and the LMS v3 93 tune fell straight on its face.

I got 2 runs close to 14 flat at 95mph, car was getting stuck in 4th gear and refused to shift to 5th.

I upped the octane to about 97 and went 13.4 @ 103.

Upped tune to 100 and smaller issue in 4th gear, trapped only 101 even though 1/8 started out 1mph higher than 93 tune.

Went back to 93 tune and back to 103mph trap speed.

Point is, I think I see the source of your low power issue on LMS v3 and I think they over cooked the tune.

I was racing in the 40s and did not have that issue so our view points were different.

Since I'm not on LMS payroll I call them like I see them.

I sent them a message to alert them to the issue.

Hopefully this helps with your build too.

Edited by 037
  • Like 4

Xtra, took some time for me to find this post but I just wanted to get on the same page.

I went racing on Friday in 80 degree heat with 2000DA and the LMS v3 93 tune fell straight on its face.

I got 2 runs close to 14 flat at 95mph, car was getting stuck in 4th gear and refused to shift to 5th.

I upped the octane to about 97 and went 13.4 @ 103.

Upped tune to 100 and smaller issue in 4th gear, trapped only 101 even though 1/8 started out 1mph higher than 93 tune.

Went back to 93 tune and back to 103mph trap speed.

Point is, I think I see the source of your low power issue on LMS v3 and I think they over cooked the tune.

I was racing in the 40s and did not have that issue so our view points were different.

Since I'm not on LMS payroll I call them like I see them.

I sent them a message to alert them to the issue.

Hopefully this helps with your build too.

I think 450whp will be pushing it based on the 3.5 numbers we get. You may get it but I wonder what the engine will handle long term. Just shy of 500whp has been very reliable in the 3.5. Also how to you plan on overcoming the fueling issue? The hpfp seems to be the bottle neck on lost ecoboost. If it happens to be the same pump as the 3.5 you may have a decent amount of room. If it is the same pump as the 3.5 I think you should look at the livernois hpfp. It would allow you to run an e30 blend and still have enough fuel something the stock pump more than likely wont do.

Im very excited to see what you can do.

• Like 1