Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

snmjim

Patience people we just got back from National Speed in Richmond, VA who did the Dyno Tune. We trailered the car down per their strong recommendation and SpecialK had the honor of doing the 125+ mile drive back of which he was able to achieve 30 mpg at 65-70 mph from an Edge Sport that just exceeded 400 whp!!!

Dyno sheet soon to follow in addition to track slips once we manage to get there. We still have a few more horses to squeeze out of her without opening the motor by simply upgrading the HPFP of which we hit that ceiling. In addition...wait for it...National Speed has agreed to work with us to develop & fabricate down pipes, hi flow & Catless and stock them as a rotable shelf stocked item. However, this will not go prime time until they're finished Dyno testing the value added.

BTW, those who elect to harass SpecialK & I about our R&D and development efforts will only ruin this labor of love benefit for everyone else. I say this because we are at our limit with the lack of appreciation from the few on this forum & mostly FB.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 4

Please don't take the comments as a lack of appreciation, the people just want things faster. My vehicle has been at Livernois for 3 weeks and I got nothing to show for it, been harassing them the whole time.

Lack of patience is not disrespect. Everyone will be happy once more mods come out and you got more info.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

As promised... :hat_tip:

However, at this time we only have the Dyno sheet & gains HP/Torque analysis to provide, just waiting for a good DA day to post Qtr time slips... :clapping:

Xtra & 037 thanks for your patience!

:ford: :happy feet: :ford: :happy feet: :ford: :happy feet:

2016 Edge Sport Before and After Dyno Tune Sheet.pdf

2016 Ford Edge Sport HP & Torque Comparative.pdf

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In the December 2018 issue of Chevy High Performance magazine there is an article about a Chevy Big Block crate engine. The engine is the Chevy ZZ454 from Chevy Performance sporting 440hp and 500 ft pounds of torque at the crank. It is installed into a 67' Chevelle with a 700-R4 transmission. When this combo was put on a dyno it produced 344HP and 372 TQ at the rear wheels.

For a little prospective, my Edge Sport made 348HP and 394TQ AWD - WHP with a 91 tune. Thats 4 more HP and 22 pounds more TQ than the ZZ454 V8

Snmjim's car made 386HP and 415TQ AWD - WHP. Thats a whopping 42HP and 43 pounds more Torque than the Chevy ZZ454 Big Block V8 did ! And thats with a 164 CI EcoBoost V6 ! :2thumbs::ford: :happy feet:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

In the December 2018 issue of Chevy High Performance magazine there is an article about a Chevy Big Block crate engine. The engine is the Chevy ZZ454 from Chevy Performance sporting 440hp and 500 ft pounds of torque at the crank. It is installed into a 67' Chevelle with a 700-R4 transmission. When this combo was put on a dyno it produced 344HP and 372 TQ at the rear wheels.

For a little prospective, my Edge Sport made 348HP and 394TQ AWD - WHP. Thats 4 more HP and 22 pounds more TQ than the ZZ454 V8

Snmjim's car made 386HP and 415TQ AWD - WHP. Thats a whopping 42HP and 43 pounds more Torque than the Chevy ZZ454 Big Block did ! And thats with a 164 CI EcoBoost V6 ! :2thumbs::ford: :happy feet:

Great way of putting it into perspective Brother!

Thnx for the numbers...;-)

• Like 1

Then came the 3.0 and got 420/477 on e30 and the world swooned.

Still slower than the Edge but I'm working on it.

The Edge is definitely very quick for the tiny displacement compared to the muscle cars and an excellent value for those who enjoy a large 5 seater with a huge trunk.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Snmjim or Xtra, while its cool to have high hp and go on about how the Edge has more hp then x car... how about we post some 1/4 mile times. I can only assume you are both low 12s at this point (gosh I hope so with the long list of mods)....

Per post #228 in topic string: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-12

We are road racers, not draggers

We are over 60 and no longer have to prove or substantiate ourselves however, as a courtesy to 037, yourself and few others we are working towards making that happen strickley out of courtesy.

However, there have been several failed attempts made to date to provide slips but for one reason or another something would interfere with providing good solid data i.e. excessively high DAs, weather, track wait times due to accidents or fouling and my favorite "BLOWN OFF BOOST TUBE HOSE...LOL

If it AIN'T one thing it's another but we'll be relentless and do our due diligence to make it happen before the winter shutdown.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Per post #228 in topic string: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-12

We are road racers, not draggers

We are over 60 and no longer have to prove or substantiate ourselves however, as a courtesy to 037, yourself and few others we are working towards making that happen strickley out of courtesy.

However, there have been several failed attempts made to date to provide slips but for one reason or another something would interfere with providing good solid data i.e. excessively high DAs, weather, track wait times due to accidents or fouling and my favorite "BLOWN OFF BOOST TUBE HOSE...LOL

If it AIN'T one thing it's another but we'll be relentless and do our due diligence to make it happen before the winter shutdown.

I don’t think anyone is doubting claims or saying you need to prove yourself, but 1/4 mile times speak bigger then whp numbers...

• Like 2