Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

snmjim

For those pulling off your Turbos here's the recommended replacement parts list:

Notes:

- Ford does not offer a Turbo gasket kit, you have to use this parts list to develop your own... :doh:

- Verify your quantities, we based ours on the what if concept... :detective:

Thank you this is a real time saver as well as great info. :hat_tip: My Turbos should be arriving soon then off to be tweaked. I will be able to get the replacement parts together so when the modified turbos return I will be ready to go. It should save me a few trips to the parts store.

• Like 1

Thank you this is a real time saver as well as great info. :hat_tip: My Turbos should be arriving soon then off to be tweaked. I will be able to get the replacement parts together so when the modified turbos return I will be ready to go. It should save me a few trips to the parts store.

Highly recommend not installing those Turbos until U do the following N this order:

Upgraded Intercooler

Modified outlet (cold) pipe

Replace BOV with Turbosmart BOV

New base line tune with logs 2 refine

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

Highly recommend not installing those Turbos until U do the following N this order:

Upgraded Intercooler

Modified outlet (cold) pipe

Replace BOV with Turbosmart BOV

New base line tune with logs 2 refine

My turbos have to be compatible with the stock tune. Because I live in California my car has to pass very strict smog laws. This is why I had to pass on your turbos they would never pass smog here. My turbos will be very mild in comparison more like blueprinted with very light modification. I will keep all your info handy and I do intend to install your intercooler and cold pipe once available I will also take your advice and not install the turbos until after the intercooler. Thanks :victory:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

We now have evidence that SpecialK can B taught and has finally figured out how 2 embed Pics N his posts... :thumbsup::yahoo::clapping:

And I trust him 2 work on my car, what's that saying for me... :headscratch::sos::banghead:

Saturday March 31, 037 and GT500R meeting me at Atco for a et run off for the record. Would like to see Snmjim there. Weather looks good for records once sun heats up the track.

Be there or be Square! lol you will make it 2 Unleashed against 2 Livernois.

The Battle of the Ford Edge Sports who will be the quickest and fastest?

• Like 1

Saturday March 31, 037 and GT500R meeting me at Atco for a et run off for the record. Would like to see Snmjim there. Weather looks good for records once sun heats up the track.

Be there or be Square! lol you will make it 2 Unleashed against 2 Livernois.

The Battle of the Ford Edge Sports who will be the quickest and fastest?

Hey, Special K!

Can U believe we're being called out...lol

Depends on how far Atco is from MD?

Gotta love it...just like the good Ole days, oh BTW, we don't turn & burn for free...lay down a $$$

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

Hey there Tom!!!

Now that I know it's U...brain cramp... :doh:...I'd do it for bragging rights... :number1:

Special K just brought me up to speed and if it weren't 4 a non adjustable schedule conflict I'd love 2.

I'll definitely take a rain check if possible and a little more notice would help between work and an active personal life.

Besides, I'd like my faithful wing man there, Special K... :hat_tip:

Maybe find a track somewhere closer to between all of us...considering your coming from FL... :shift:

We can at least meet at a track somewhere in VA or NC to ease your drive???

135 miles for me to Atco.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

Hey there Tom!!!

Now that I know it's U...brain cramp... :doh:...I'd do it for bragging rights... :number1:

Special K just brought me up to speed and if it weren't 4 a non adjustable schedule conflict I'd love 2.

I'll definitely take a rain check if possible and a little more notice would help between work and an active personal life.

Besides, I'd like my faithful wing man there, Special K... :hat_tip:

Maybe find a track somewhere closer to between all of us...considering your coming from FL... :shift:

We can at least meet at a track somewhere in VA or NC to ease your drive???

135 miles for me to Atco.

I am in NJ for Easter

I was able to ship the turbos out to CTI http://www.ctiturbo.com today they will be there tomorrow and the work will begin on Friday. I expect a short turnaround of under 2 weeks. The main mod will be to the compressor turbine, it will be billet and larger than stock. The turbo case will be machined so the larger turbine will fit. Anticipated HP gain at the crank of 40 to 50 Hp with the stock tune.
I was able to find a AWD Dyno shop http://www.ktmotoring.com they specialize in rice but will work with me. KT will data log the car and work with LMS to tune the car. This will allow me to run the car with a stock or custom tune. I wonder how much the car is going to make once finished.

I was thinking of taking my car in before the work to establish a base. Completely stock then with the LMS V3 tune. This will tell me just how much I really gain. This endeavor is going to cost a bit. Dyno time is 150 for the first hr, 125 after that. The turbos were 275 each and the mods are 650 each so it adds up fast . And that does not include installation. A LMS V3 tune for 600 is a great deal and killer bang for the buck.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

I was able to ship the turbos out to CTI http://www.ctiturbo.com today they will be there tomorrow and the work will begin on Friday. I expect a short turnaround of under 2 weeks. The main mod will be to the compressor turbine, it will be billet and larger than stock. The turbo case will be machined so the larger turbine will fit. Anticipated HP gain at the crank of 40 to 50 Hp with the stock tune.

I was able to find a AWD Dyno shop http://www.ktmotoring.com they specialize in rice but will work with me. KT will data log the car and work with LMS to tune the car. This will allow me to run the car with a stock or custom tune. I wonder how much the car is going to make once finished.

I was thinking of taking my car in before the work to establish a base. Completely stock then with the LMS V3 tune. This will tell me just how much I really gain. This endeavor is going to cost a bit. Dyno time is 150 for the first hr, 125 after that. The turbos were 275 each and the mods are 650 each so it adds up fast . And that does not include installation. A LMS V3 tune for 600 is a great deal and killer bang for the buck.

Definitly agree with your game plan and 2nd the motion on baseline benchmarking!

FYI, we're anticipating the IC outlet pipe 2 come available within the next 2-4 Wks and and CPe IC results sometime in April.

Dammit! just realized I neglected to inform you to pull all lines and attaching hardware before shipping... :doh:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

Definitly agree with your game plan and 2nd the motion on baseline benchmarking!

FYI, we're anticipating the IC outlet pipe 2 come available within the next 2-4 Wks and and CPe IC results sometime in April.

Dammit! just realized I neglected to inform you to pull all lines and attaching hardware before shipping... :doh:

If those intercoolers will net me at least 0.2 seconds in the quarter I will probably be in for one... But I will let everyone else test that theory first!!!

• Like 2

It is good that LME will work with 3rd party dyno operators to finetune. Normally they are sticklers for working with known dyno equipment, i.e., their own, as they can monitor so much more data in their own shop.

LMS is doing it for free!!!! :happy feet:

• Like 1

snmjim, How did you know that I shipped them as I received them with all the lines and hardware??? You must be psychic .. What is the diameter of the IC outlet pipe approximately ?

Sorry, didn't have time 2 dig out your answer but your answer is in this string:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21117-intercooler-sport/page-5

The new pipe we're developing maintains the stock IC outlet pipe diameter to the throttle body connection pipe. Therefore maintaining a consistent non restricted maximum air flow for the size of the IC outlet pipe.

Here's a Pic of the prototype:

post-46284-0-08696200-1522407727_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

The new pipe we're developing maintains the stock IC outlet pipe diameter to the throttle body connection pipe. Therefore maintaining a consistent non restricted maximum air flow for the size of the IC outlet pipe.

Does this mean that the pipe can be used with the stock intercooler as well ?

As for the size, this is good, for if the pipe was oversized it would slow the air flow though it. Though a oversize pipe may flow more air, throttle response would suffer. It is important to maintain speed of air flow for good response. It sounds perfect I can't wait. :rockon:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1