Hood pin location in 2017 ford edge

Hi,

I am trying to install ford OEM remote starter on my 2017 ford edge push start. I bought a kit from a ford dealership on ebay which includes the VSS, antenna, and the key fob. After some research and looking under the hood I believe I still need a hood pin. However, I cant figure out where the harness for the hood pin is located. Where should it be?

After google searching, most people seem to be able to just pop it in without any trouble. I dont know why I am not seeing it. Would I need to install the harness too? I am beginning to feel like the dealer will need to install this.

Thanks!

Open your hood and start the car. If it says your hood is open or ajar, you have the pin and you don't need to do anything further. The remote start just needs to have one present in order to work correctly. (I think all our Edge's have one. At least 2015 forward) As to the remote install, I did mine myself. The hardest thing was removing the cowling under the steering column and disconnecting and reconnecting the pigtail connectors. Need small hands and lots of patience. Although not for the Ford OEM remote start, this video was for mine and was instructive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3j7hCHYLg

• Like 1

So I obviously didn't think this through. I hooked up the ford oem remote starter then went to the stealership to have them fix the hood ajar sensor issue and activate my remote start. I figured the repair would be under warranty and I would get both done at the same time. NOPE. They charged me $120 just for the sensor because they said I damaged the hood ajar sensor when I put in the remote starter. :banghead:

The hood ajar function isn't enabled unless the vehicle has an alarm and/or remote start from factory. Take a look at your hood latch. Does it have an electrical connector plugged into it? That is where the hood switch is located. It is built into the latch. I would assume (yes big assumption) that all levels of the Edge have this even if the base ones that wouldn't come with alarm/remote start.

No dealer is going to cover the programming of remote start/alarm under warranty. There was probably nothing wrong with the hood switch circuit. They are juts giving you an excuse to justify the charge which most would charge one hour min labor anyway.

• Like 1

The hood ajar function isn't enabled unless the vehicle has an alarm and/or remote start from factory. Take a look at your hood latch. Does it have an electrical connector plugged into it? That is where the hood switch is located. It is built into the latch. I would assume (yes big assumption) that all levels of the Edge have this even if the base ones that wouldn't come with alarm/remote start.

No dealer is going to cover the programming of remote start/alarm under warranty. There was probably nothing wrong with the hood switch circuit. They are juts giving you an excuse to justify the charge which most would charge one hour min labor anyway.

I have a 2015 se model and have a hoodswitch. I have no remote anything or alarm. If my hood is not latched I get a warning on my display. My point being it may be year specific.

• 10 months later...

Could you tell me how to do this? I'm having trouble with a lot of the technical aspects but remote start was one of my must haves and the edge I finally decided on doesn't have it but I knew I could add it later. I would much prefer to program it into my existing fob than have to carry an additional fob around.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...