Wireless cell charging

Ok so the power turns off all accessories after 15 mins leaves my permanently attached cell phone dead in the am.

Now since I'm using Android Auto I do not want to ever unplug my usb connection

Now I'm going to try the wireless charger and assume that I can leave it charging none stop

So I just wired in a always on live feed cigartte lighter to charge my cell with a wireless charger

Let's see it this idea works?

You've pretty much posted the same topic in multiple threads (this one being posted 1 minute after you posted in your other thread)...

This post seems to be rhetorical. I assumed that you were satisfied and ready to move on based on your post in this (very similar) thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23291-make-usbs-power-stay-on-after-vehicle-turns-off/?do=findComment&comment=176501

You basically want to keep your phone charging 24/7 in your car that isn't running.. Make sure to keep a battery jump start back in your trunk.

So I just wired in a always on live feed cigartte lighter to charge my cell with a wireless charger

Could have had your local dealer hook up their IDS computer and change the Power Point timeouts from 15 minutes to always on.

Don't know what the electrical draw of a wireless charger is, certainly more than a wired charger, but you might take the other responder's answer and calculate the total draw overnight. Take into consideration cold weather when battery capacity is half that of summer.

Think I read where a Galaxy 8 came with a 25 watt charger. That's a 2 Amp rated charger. Jus saying ...

Edited by enigma-2

Thanks. With my current setup I am physically charging my cell over night with a direct connect 12 volt power supply.

Yes with my 2014 escape the interior plugs stayed on all night and my weboost cell phone boosterthat drew 5 volts 2.5 amps and would kill my battery in 1.5 days. I think that is

12.5 watt hours.

Even charging 2 or 3 cell phones and a tablet or two was never enough draw to kill the battery in the escape.

Now with my new Edge with the always on wireless-charger draws approximately 0.05 watt-hours (Wh) per day

Unless the 16 watts hours needed to charge a dead cell, fortunately I really only need the always on charger to maintain the charge and the cell will have a good charge while driving.

Testing phase in a few days

Could have had your local dealer hook up their IDS computer and change the Power Point timeouts from 15 minutes to always on.

Yikes. I did not know this was possible... darn!

If I had found out this delay could have been adjusted the all I would have done is keep power plugs on for 1 or 2 hours instead of just 15 minutes... now that would be enough time to charge/ maintain my cellphones.