Sync tries to call #0 when starting the car

Apologies if this has been covered - a search revealed nothing.

This problem comes and goes, and hasn't made an appearance for a few weeks, and then out of the blue its back.

Often when I turn on the car it attempts to make a call and the voice advises to call 911 if this is an emergency, and if I look at the dialled numbers on my phone it show a solitary "0" in the "recents".

Also, occasionally when turning on the car the radio goes silent and then a notice appears that it could not connect to my phone, and when closing the message the phone shows connected, and is able to make handsfree calls.

2017 Ford Edge Sport Sync 3 with iPhone 7.

PS. I see another Android user reporting the same.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/814947-why-does-my-galaxy-s8-dial-0-when-connecting-ford-sync.html#post6018509

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

Try calling the SYNC support team (Monday-Saturday, 8:30am-8:00pm EST).

United States: 1-800-521-4140.

Canada: 1-800-387-9333.

Thanks, I'll call them on Monday as the automated recording advised that they're only available Mon-Fri.

When it doesn't actually make a call to "0", I get a message that it could not establish a phone call.

post-44162-0-03954300-1508104394_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Apologies if this has been covered - a search revealed nothing.

This problem comes and goes, and hasn't made an appearance for a few weeks, and then out of the blue its back.

Often when I turn on the car it attempts to make a call and the voice advises to call 911 if this is an emergency, and if I look at the dialled numbers on my phone it show a solitary "0" in the "recents".

Also, occasionally when turning on the car the radio goes silent and then a notice appears that it could not connect to my phone, and when closing the message the phone shows connected, and is able to make handsfree calls.

2017 Ford Edge Sport Sync 3 with iPhone 7.

PS. I see another Android user reporting the same.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/814947-why-does-my-galaxy-s8-dial-0-when-connecting-ford-sync.html#post6018509

It just happened out of the blue. Thanks for posting the link. It resolved my mysterious "dial 0" issue.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dubskiski said:

Has anyone found a solution.

Did you try the Android Central link that was posted earlier in this thread?  Someone appears to have found the solution. 
With the car running and your phone connected, turn bluetooth off on your phone (disconnecting from sync) then turn bluetooth on again so it connects with Sync.  End of problem at least for the person who posted the fix and at least one person in this thread.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, TX Edge said:

Did you find a way to fix this? My 2016 Sport with sync 3 just started doing it yesterday when my Android S8 connects.

I have not found a resolution. After disconnecting and reconnecting so many times, now it is "connected" but won't dial out via the steering wheel controls. It only dials out if I pull my phone out and hit the call button. Calls coming in still connect to sync automatically, but never register caller ID. So it is in a weird semi connected state that isn't dialing 0 and I have no idea how it got in this state. Sorry. 

• 6 months later...
On 5/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, 1004ron said:

I'm pleased to report that I haven't had this "dialling O" since the Sync update a few months back.

It's been a long while and no recent Sync3 updates, and since yesterday my iPhone XR, which I've had for about a year, has been dialling zero each time I start the car.

Will try this and report back.

After your phone connects to the car, leave your car running and turn off Bluetooth on your phone, so your phone will disconnect from the car. Then turn Bluetooth back on to reconnect your phone to the car. This should fix the problem, it worked for me. My phone no longer dials 0 when it connects to my car.

Edited by 1004ron

I haven't had it happen in sometime now. I had tried so many different things, but I believe the thing that fixed it for me was to not download my contacts. I can't call out from my vehicles call buttons anymore, but I can still pull the phone out, dial, and it goes through the vehicles sound system. Also, all calls come in through the vehicle. Small price to pay to get rid of the annoying issue. Good luck!

After your phone connects to the car, leave your car running and turn off Bluetooth on your phone, so your phone will disconnect from the car. Then turn Bluetooth back on to reconnect your phone to the car. This should fix the problem, it worked for me. My phone no longer dials 0 when it connects to my car.

Tried that, and doesn't work.

This evening I tried it a few times with my phone in hand, and it did it dialled 0 each time.

IMG_5194 copy.jpg

IMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5196.JPG

• 1 month later...

Well the good news it’s not long distance. I have sync 2 and it’s never creep dialed. I know there are some wonky connection things that still result from the sync 3 non can based reporting system. Sometimes the sync 2 had a line it would call to report the health of the car.