that's interesting. i like the light color on your pics. looks great with the LED "signature lights."

from the link you posted, it says that these are high-beam bulbs. i have been meaning to look into this on my car but i didn't realize that my DRL were the high beams. i put in some brighter phillips or sylvania bulbs a few months ago. they're still plain halogen bulbs but they supposedly put out more light. It seems like they do but that could just be my mind buying into the advertising.

how are your high-beams with these bulbs? do you notice more light? i live in a pretty rural area and we have so many deer, raccoons, and even the odd bear, crossing the road. more light is always better for safety.

Edited by ben senise

Changed my DRLs today and they matched up really well. It looks better in person than in the pictures.

I also installed these same H15 LEDs and I am much more happy with the color, the stock incandescent bulbs looked terrible in comparison. I also have LED switchback turn signals so when the DRL's are on, the yellow turn signal/detail lights are also white now. They switch to flashing yellow for signaling and then back to white about 1 second after disengaging the turn signal. Only during the day though, since one of the H15 DRL power wires is what I tapped for signalling the white side of the switchbacks. Once the DRLs turn off in the dark, the switchback turn signals run yellow only.

BTW, those H15 bulbs are a pain in the arse to get in properly!

20170823 170811

how are your high-beams with these bulbs? do you notice more light? i live in a pretty rural area and we have so many dear, raccoons, and even the odd bear, crossing the road. more light is always better for safety.

If you have HID headlights like I do the DRLs arent used as the high beams. An actuating door opens the projector beams all the way open and thats the high beam. The stock halogen bulbs may use the DRL bulb as the high beam bulb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you guys get a bulb out error with those LED H15s? Can I use any LED H15 bulb or do i need a canbus bulb with resistors?

No bulb out indicator with these, just plug and play. I believe the bulb out indicator is only for turn signals, the indicator being rapid flash. No resistors needed either. If you are going to buy them, let me know, I have a coupon code for 15% off, I'll give it to you.

Edited by roots57
  • Like 1

doesn't drive bright have the HID kit that will make them nearly the same color when your regular lights are on also? they sell a 6k color which should be close.

that being said, i don't need anyone saying how bad of a person i am because HID are not designed to go into halogen housing blah blah blah blah merry christmas

that being said, i don't need anyone saying how bad of a person i am because HID are not designed to go into halogen housing blah blah blah blah merry christmas

Guilty conscience? Nobody in this thread commented about that. ;)

Seriously though, HID kits in projector lamps generally don't cause the problems that you see with putting them in reflector lamps. They're not perfect and there is still some light scatter but nowhere near the "high beams in your face" results of installing a kit in reflectors and having light go literally everywhere. Personally, it's only the jackasses that blind other drivers that make me angry. I doubt that the majority of drivers would even notice that you don't have the factory bulbs in your projectors.

Changed my DRLs today and they matched up really well. It looks better in person than in the pictures.

Hello 15FireSport. What year is your Edge? I have a 2017 Edge SE that did not come equipped with the lights that are just above the front bumper. What are these lights called. I assumed that they were the DRL lights but apparently I am incorrect. My local Ford dealer has informed me that Ford does not provide these bottom located lights as an aftermarket kit or as individual items. Did your Edge come equipped with them? If not, where did you get them? If you installed them after the purchase of your Edge do these bottom lights contain only the LED lamps on the perimeter of the lights or do they also include the round "fog lights".

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided. Also, I want to thank anyone else who posts a reply.

post-48982-0-17119000-1512152165_thumb.png

If you have HID headlights like I do the DRLs arent used as the high beams. An actuating door opens the projector beams all the way open and thats the high beam. The stock halogen bulbs may use the DRL bulb as the high beam bulb.

I also have the HID's and they are used for high and low beam, and I have the selection for DRL's on or off in the menu, but just cannot get those inboard lamps to come on.

Inside may garage the lights come on in auto, so I took it out into the sunlight and they went off, but no DRL inboard lights switch on.

My turn indicators stay on and change brightness when indicating - could this be the DRL's on my model?

What am I missing here?

I'd also like to get the LED's, but first need to see these inboard lamps turn on.

Edit:

Thanks to @15FireSport

I got my DRL's to turn on - not sure why I couldn't get them to work yesterday, but it was a simple as having it in daylight and gear selected to Drive.

Edited by 1004ron

Hello 15FireSport. What year is your Edge? I have a 2017 Edge SE that did not come equipped with the lights that are just above the front bumper. What are these lights called. I assumed that they were the DRL lights but apparently I am incorrect. My local Ford dealer has informed me that Ford does not provide these bottom located lights as an aftermarket kit or as individual items. Did your Edge come equipped with them? If not, where did you get them? If you installed them after the purchase of your Edge do these bottom lights contain only the LED lamps on the perimeter of the lights or do they also include the round "fog lights".

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided. Also, I want to thank anyone else who posts a reply.

attachicon.gif2017 Ford Edge DRL.PNG

There are aftermarket versions of these lights you can but online, but because your car didn't come with them from the factory, you will need to wire them yourself. The Euro version of the Gen II Edge has an available option for round fog lights inside the LED triangles, there are also aftermarket versions of these that I've seen online.

if you buy the cheap foglight shrouds/fogs on ebay/amazon that are all over the place for the Edge, just know, our North American Edge lacks the bracketry inside the bumper and it will be a full custom job. I have only upgraded my turn signals to LED and turned off the hyper blink via Forscan. I see no need to upgrade a bulb I have never turned on.

attachicon.gif2017 Ford Edge DRL.PNG

I believe you are looking for the signature LED lights (AKA lamp assembly - side marker) part number FT4Z-13200-F (right) and FT4Z-13200-E (left)

• 3 weeks later...

if you buy the cheap foglight shrouds/fogs on ebay/amazon that are all over the place for the Edge, just know, our North American Edge lacks the bracketry inside the bumper and it will be a full custom job. I have only upgraded my turn signals to LED and turned off the hyper blink via Forscan. I see no need to upgrade a bulb I have never turned on.

Nick,

I'm keen to change the front turn signals to LED - please let me know which globes and how to go about turning off the hyper flash in Forscan.

I still need to buy a connector/communication device for Forscan.

Nick,

I'm keen to change the front turn signals to LED - please let me know which globes and how to go about turning off the hyper flash in Forscan.

I still need to buy a connector/communication device for Forscan.

Here's a link with instructions on how to get the FORScan software tool and the required "extended license":

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836

If you are just planning to use a laptop inside the car, then this USB style OBD-II adapter worked perfectly for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Z9LTVQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They also make a Bluetooth version if you prefer, along with plenty of others that are supposed to work

Here is the Body Control Module (BCM) change you need to make:

726-27-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx Front Lamp Outage Detection ON

726-27-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx Front Lamp Outage Detection OFF

(you just change the second digit over from "1" to "0" to disable)

If you haven't already, you will need to read up on using the FORScan tool first, or just watch a couple decent YouTube videos. Its really pretty simple in the end.

Not sure what LED bulbs Nick has, but these are a decent option too:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Bulbs-For-Car-Turn-Signal-Lights-s/66.htm?searching=Y&Search=7443

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Guys, sorry for coming back to you on this, but I'm still not 100% sure on what to get.

It appears that the switchback 7443 lights are what we should use, which is a dual light - now for my question, is the Sport really a dual light and is it the 7443 Standard connector?

I'll be going with the AO switching option - Amber On - Amber Off - Amber On.

Edit: Roots, I found your post where you mentioned the wiring modification to make the switchbacks work - could you give me a little more detail on how you did that?

If the original globe is a single filament, how does it switch from low power to high power when the turn signals are on, and how would an LED work?

Edited by 1004ron

Guys, sorry for coming back to you on this, but I'm still not 100% sure on what to get.

It appears that the switchback 7443 lights are what we should use, which is a dual light - now for my question, is the Sport really a dual light and is it the 7443 Standard connector?

I'll be going with the AO switching option - Amber On - Amber Off - Amber On.

Edit: Roots, I found your post where you mentioned the wiring modification to make the switchbacks work - could you give me a little more detail on how you did that?

If the original globe is a single filament, how does it switch from low power to high power when the turn signals are on, and how would an LED work?

So the 7440 bulbs that come stock are single filament bulbs but they serve a dual purpose, as a detail in low voltage and as a flasher by pulsing it with higher voltage. The 7443 bulbs that are dual filament will still fit but if you simply replace the stock 7440 bulbs with regular 7443 bulbs, only one filament will be used (I think). To get the switchbacks to work you just need to get power to the white side all the time and as long as it is daylight out and your blinkers are off, the white will be on. Then when you put on your blinker, the circuit built into the LED bulb will turn off the white and flash the amber. Then about a second or so after your blinker is off, the white will light up again. The reason it only works as switchbacks during the day is because at night the DRL H15 bulbs go off and your main headlamps come on. I tapped the power wire to the DRLs to run the white side of the switchbacks so when they go off, so does the switchback feature. The ones I bought seem to be holding up nicely and looked like they were made out of decent materials. The only thing I changed was cutting off the resistors. Chose to go with the forscan route to disable the hyperflash instead. Just couldn't find a decent place to attach the burning hot resistors and it seemed like a fire risk. Plus part of the reason I like LED bulbs is because they use way less power. The resistors eliminate that benefit. If you end up doing the switchbacks and you have any other questions, let me know. Mine have been functioning just fine for the better part of a year now. I love the look of the icey white detail light instead of it being amber.

• Like 2