Navigation Upgrade

I scanned the forum but I haven't seen this topic addressed recently so...

I bought a used 2016 Edge Titanium but I didn't get the NAV because I figured CarPlay would be sufficient. Not really...I think I'd much prefer the built in navigation.

My previous Fusion had MFT and I was able to replace the APIM from a nav equipped vehicle. from what I've read I can do the same with sync 3.

My concern is that since Sync 3 is still relatively new there will be. A lot of upgrades coming out and I will lose the NAV during one of those upgrades. Is this possible? Is the NAV hard coded so that no matter what happens I won't lose it? ThenAPIM I'll be purchasing will be out of a new car but the seller has asked for my VIN so he can activate it.

As a side note, has anyone bought a APIM from Sweden Performance on eBay?

Edited by marksandbothe

The maps are so out of date it is sad. I'm guessing at least 4 years old.

This is true. Unless Ford plans to start releasing map updates on a semi-regular basis for Sync 3 navigation, it's really not worth having. Seeing how inaccurate the maps are in parts of the city I live in makes me not trust the built in navigation when I'm driving in cities I'm less familiar with.

• Like 2

I appreciate the insight. I know the maps are out of date and that is super annoying (The new Bridge across the Mississippi River in St. Louis still wasn't added the last time I check) but Apple Maps can be kind of a pain as well. My girlfriend and I travel a lot and it's nice having options as well has a map that isn't dependent on the data connection.

I installed the navigation APIM today and the installation went flawlessly. Just one question, on my Fusion I had access to the maps in the right hand side of the instrument cluster. However, even after I updated the APIM I still don't have that option, It's just PHONE and ENTERTAINMENT.

Is this something that has to be enabled with FORSCAN?