Sync 3 and Sandisk Clip Sport Plus MP3 Player

I just got a 16 GB Sandisk Clip Sport Plus with Bluetooth MP3 Player with the hopes of pairing it with my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with Sync 3 (301A). They seem to pair up fine, yet the MP3 Player won't play through my car. My Clip Sport Plus recognizes the device as "Ford Edge", and my Edge recognizes my MP3 device as "Clip Sport Plus". The Edge said, "Pairing to Clip Sport Plus successful, would you like to listen to it now?" (or something like that), and when I clicked Yes, the current Audio Source (Sirius) keeps playing and doesn't switch to the Clip Sport Plus. So I go to Sources --> Bluetooth Stereo --> Clip Sport Plus, and choose Connect Device, but the Edge infotainment keeps telling me "Connection Failed. No response from Device". The device is on and I've even tried pausing and un-pausing the MP3 Player while trying to connect to it. Any idea on why this won't all function the way I expected it to?

I have read the manual for the Clip Sport Plus and the Edge. I searched this forum for related threads, but can't find my problem being talked about elsewhere.

I know that the Clip Sport Plus uses the A2DP Bluetooth Stereo profile.

My Sync 3 version is 2.2, Build 16280 (I know 17011 is an available update, but I don't want to update it unless it will specifically fix the issue I'm having).

Sorry for the long post. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.