Better bulbs for Edge 2007?

Hi,

My wife complains about the poor visibility at night.

She has asked me to replace the light bulbs with better ones.

Can someone recommend which ones to use?

I don't want to go overboard with LED bulbs, etc.

Would just replacing the stock bulbs with more powerful ones (without overloading the wiring and or the power source) be sufficient?

The current ones seem to be the original bulbs (221 k miles). Maybe they're kind of worn out.

Thanks for any advice.

Ed

What I would recommend are the Philips VisionPlus headlights: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TNMMZ8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_got9zbWPW3BNW

(These are what I use in my MKX, much better distance vision the standard Halagen's and better than Sylvania Silverstar's).

I would not recommend the blue tone lights as you can't see as far (the blue coating on the bulb attenuates a lot of the light) and the blue alters your focus (blue focuses in a different plane than yellow, more glare for the driver).

I've read that these are also equally good, but I've never used them: OSRAM - Night Breaker Halogen Bulbs (Germany).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G4L1V1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Kwt9zb3CPA8V9

• Like 2

If it uses H11, you can easily upgrade to H9 with simple modifications. I did this when had my 2008 Taurus, I did not even have to cut the upper lugs. The difference is very noticeable, but they do have a shorter life.

Funny, I just inherited a 2008 Taurus with 55,000 miles and did the H11 to H9 mod less then a month ago. Not a bad winter beater but it always feels good to get in my 11 Edge after driving the Taurus for a few days. One nice thing about the Bull is you could run over a dead body and wouldn't even know it (Very smooth!).

• Like 2