SYNC3 V2.3 Official Release is Available

just installed it, don't see any difference. and couldn't find the release notes :(

I just updated mine using a USB stick, which I think is a better method.

I can't find the release notes, and cannot see any obvious difference.

How does Ford do the Navigation Map updates? - I'm in a new subdivision and my street isn't on the Sync Nav maps yet.

I checked via wi-fi last night using my phone as a hotspot and it didn't see an update. I'll try tonight or I may try a USB stick. Do I really need a 32 GB stick to do this?

2 GB is probably enough. The files that are copied to the USB stick use about 1.7 GB of space and the upgrade only needs a very small amount of free space to write a small log file. I used an 8 GB stick last time and have copied the new files to the same stick. I'll update on my way home tonight.

I'm not sure why they say you need 32 GB.

It may store temporary data on the drive also but 32 does seem like overkill.

That's definitely possible. I've actually got a 2 GB stick here. I'm curious enough to try to do the new update using that stick now. I know for sure that the last update worked with an 8 GB stick.

JL1T-14G381-AJ

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates. The installation of this update will take up to 60 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete is displayed on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off.

While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

Really, Ford couldn't figure out a way to do this without the engine running for up to 60 minutes !!!!

When you update does it reset any of previous settings?

I did not find any settings changed and my iPhone was still paired.

Its poor that Ford offer no explanation of the update.

I have a fairly long drive on a winding farm type road to my place of work, and always use the adaptive cruise control, and on some of the curves it will decelerate a little, and today on the way home it felt very erratic when regulating the speed in some of the bends - could this be a result of the update?

No VHR with sync 3. It doesn’t have anything to do with adaptive cruise either.

You don’t have to keep the engine running. That’s just a precaution in case you have a weak battery.

Thanks for that.

Do you know what Ford's reason is for dumping VHR ?

Not knowing what the update involved, I started speculating that it could be the cause of the unusual behaviour of the adaptive cruise.

I'll definitely remember not to run the engine for the update next time.

Update v2.3? what happend to the v3.0 that has been posted on other site's?

owner.ford.com site shows the v2.3 update for my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with Navigation is available but when I try to update via wi-fi in the vehicle it shows that v2.2 (which is loaded) is the latest. So much for Fords great advertising on the use of wi-fi for updates.

VHR, With Sync3 you are suppose to be able to get and schedule a VHR by your cell phone using the FordPass app. If you sign in to owner.ford.com and sign up your vehicle you can then get instructions there on how to do it. Select the "Service & Maintenance" section in the ford.owner.com site and then "vehicle health report", you will also need the FordPass app. on your cell phone.

Update v2.3? what happend to the v3.0 that has been posted on other site's?

owner.ford.com site shows the v2.3 update for my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with Navigation is available but when I try to update via wi-fi in the vehicle it shows that v2.2 (which is loaded) is the latest. So much for Fords great advertising on the use of wi-fi for updates.

V3.0 is not official. It was downloaded in pieces from the Ford servers and an install package put together based upon prior update packages and current vehicles leaving the factory with 3.0.

The official 2.3 release shows Ford now has specific files for the APIM version in the vehicle. Using an unofficial release could be missing files or installing files that don't belong in your APIM. Its a use at your own risk update.

• Like 1

VHR, With Sync3 you are suppose to be able to get and schedule a VHR by your cell phone using the FordPass app. If you sign in to owner.ford.com and sign up your vehicle you can then get instructions there on how to do it. Select the "Service & Maintenance" section in the ford.owner.com site and then "vehicle health report", you will also need the FordPass app. on your cell phone.

Give it a try and report back if it works for you, but it doesn't on my 2017 Sport, and I haven't read of any other Edge Sync3 systems working.

Sync Connect Model Availability

Sync Connect will be making its debut on the 2017 Ford Escape. The 2017 Fusion will be the next model to receive the features before it moves on to other vehicles in the Ford lineup. Five years of complimentary Ford service are included with the Sync Connect system

No Data Received from Vehicle

If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC® Connect, once activated, you’ll be able to see your Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Report.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SYNC Connect, connect your phone to SYNC AppLink and let the engine run for at least 60 seconds.

After you have connected your phone to SYNC AppLink and your vehicle has collected the data, please log out of your Owner account, log back in, and return to this page to access your vehicle’s most up-to-date Vehicle Health Alerts & Vehicle Health Report.

Having trouble connecting your phone to SYNC AppLink? Ensure your smartphone is compatible with SYNC.

Edited by 1004ron

Fordpass and the SYNC3 "VHR" worked fine for me when I tested it out a while back.

You have to have FordPass app on your phone, plug your phone in via USB and run the app on your phone. I believe there is also some permission settings under the mobile apps setting on SYNC3 that also have to be set up. Most people have found this to be a waste of time to set all of this up.