SYNC3 V2.3 Official Release is Available

• 1 month later...

I'm brand new here so Pardon me if I missed discussion on the 2.3 update. My daughter has a 2016 Edge (no Apple Car Play) and I have a 2017 Edge. We ran across a release from Ford that version 2.2 was available for all year model 2016 Ford products to bring Apple Car Play and Android auto to those vehicles. It went on to say that it could be installed by thumb drive or going to the dealer. We went to download version 2.2 and it was no longer available but 2.3 was. We downloaded 2.3 onto a thumb drive and my daughter installed in on her 2016 Edge. The result was that Sync was totally messed up, error messages, blue tooth no longer works, etc. A call to Ford revealed that version 2.3 has a "Known Issue" and that it was not supposed to be downloadable. This is the reason that a search for updates returns no update available. As to my daughter's Sync system, also not mentioned in the release is the fact that the 2016's need an Apple Car Play controller installed before car play will work. Cost of the controller is $63.73.

My daughter's Edge is scheduled tomorrow to be reprogrammed to Sync 3 Version 2.2 and the Apple Car Play controller installed - total price with labor is $135 + Tax.

Hope this helps.

Phillip

2017 Edge Titanium; 302A; Drivers Package; 3.5 Liter; Ruby Red

Did you get the 2.3 release from the Ford website? If so it should be covered by warranty. If it was bootleg/unofficial then it makes sense they wouldn't cover it.

BTW it's not a controller that needs to be replace it's just the usb port/hub. Ford made this very clear with the Sync 2.0 update and you can DIY. Lots of threads on it.

• 2 months later...

3.0 is only available on factory units for 2018 models. That APIM is a redesign. While there are bootlegged 3.0 version floating around there no one knows the proper way to install 3.0 on a 2016 or 2017 APIM. Ford surprised those bootlegging 2.3 when it released different files for 2016 and 2017 APIMS. Just be patient. I do agree Ford drags their feet way too much.

And yes waze has to release a version that works with 3.0....3.0 doesn't magically make the existing versions work with APP LINK.

• Like 1

True Waze has to update their app. but Ford still needs to put out a released version of V3.0 so that customers with 2016 & 2017 vehicles will be able to use the Waze update when it gets released.

Akirby - map updates are coming - yes I registered on the site you mentioned but if you check out the "naviextras.com" site there is nothing on it that lists any Ford vehicle for selection. Chevy and a few other vehicle brands are listed but not Ford. This still leaves us hanging with no update for maps and no revision V3.0. To say it's coming with no date attached is about as good as my dealer got from Ford where they told him an update for maps is coming but not how we would get the update and really not a definite firm date see my info below. Also no mention of V3.0 for 2016 & 2017 vehicle's.

"I talked with the sales manager here in South Carolina and he called Ford. They told him that an update for the maps would be out sometime in March, he said they were very vague about when exactly and how. He also said that he had 2 other customers ask him the same question within the last week. Hope Ford follows thru and comes up with an upgrade."

• 2 weeks later...