is it ptu unit build with drain plug or should we make our own hole.

cephas

i just wana know if ptu units having built in drain plug and refill plug?because i dont want waste money to go small garage to refill the fluid and suddenly they will tell me they can refill cuz there is no drain plug.or i should go the ford service center itself.

thanks for your reply..

Only the latest models have a drain plug. On earlier units (like mine), the only fluid is sucked out through the fill plug. A lot of dealers don't like this procedure & claim it's not a ford authorized process (it is actually, under the "special operating conditions" requirements at 60k miles).

However most all reliable transmission shops will do the procedure. Insist on a quality lubricant (go Motorcraft if your not certain as to what's best).

• Like 2

i just wana know if ptu units having built in drain plug and refill plug?because i dont want waste money to go small garage to refill the fluid and suddenly they will tell me they can refill cuz there is no drain plug.or i should go the ford service center itself.

thanks for your reply..

I've read that the Middle East versions do in fact have a drain plug on the PTU, so best you crawl under and take a look.

As far as I know, they added it from the factory in 2013 models & above. Also there was an extended warranty up-to 10 or 200k km for 1 replacement at which time the replacement would have the drain plug.

Edit: it is 190k km. Here is the thread about it:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13533-13m01-middle-east-ptu-extended-warranty/

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1