Make your tires last 150,000 miles!

enigma-2

I've never heard of that stuff before… What is it exactly?…a cleaner, a sealer? :shrug: Also who sells it?

Claude.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass/dp/B00KN0UOEE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3340Y0J0VYCR5R88PT3X

I've only started using about a year ago and very happy with it.

I'm not buying the extended mileage on the tires - if that was possible, it would be at a major sacrifice of grip, particularly in the wet.

819gyWOLVrL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Aerospace sealant.

Can verify that it makes windshield wiper blades last.

Yes, but wiper blades usually die due to environmental conditions not wear. 303 is great stuff that might protect tires from dry rot but it certainly isn't going to stop tread wear (not that I would dream of putting anything slippery on my tread).

• Like 1

303 is widely regarded as a an excellent protectant. Good for wiper blades, belts (I spray it on belts while the car is running), and door weatherstripping. The fellow in the video has many other youtube videos, seems creditable.

Keep in mind on all of this, that the key is in using it every three months.

I haven't tried it on my tires yet, just too lazy. Lot of work. But keeping elastomeric and flexible plastics supple will make them last longer. Its simple, dried out rubber wears faster.

In all honesty, it's silly to claim that it will never work just because you never tried it. It does seems extreme, but the guy has a known business reputation to maintain, and would be a fool to go on youtube and lie. Try not to be so closed minded in all of this, ok to quesion but to call me a "troll".

As far as ArmorAll, ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel is absolutely the best product to make a tire sidewall shine. But you would never use it on the tread. (Well, most of us wouldn't). 303 works differently. Again, every 3 months.

• Like 1

It does seems extreme, but the guy has a known business reputation to maintain, and would be a fool to go on youtube and lie.

He is taking the word of one of his clients, its not a trial that he conducted himself under controlled conditions.

If this was really plausible, the tire manufacturers would have got onto it as well - you could counter that argument with a comment that they want to sell more tires, but on the other hand they would outsell their competitors if they advertised that kind of mileage with good performance.

It's like all the gimmicks that claim to save 10 to 20% on fuel consumption - the competition between manufacturers is tight and some have even paid penalties for overstating their efficiency figures, so they'd have been all over those gimmicks if they were for real .

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

I cant see a surface treatment product making any kind of substantial difference in tire life. I'm sure it is a good treatment for preserving the tire appearance and keeping the compound from drying out and things like that. But tire life is based mainly on driving style, assuming you always maintain correct pressure, alignment, and rotation schedule. I have a really hard time believing it can alter the wear characteristics enough to get 150k miles out of them. Bottom line, if you constantly drive your car hard and take corners fast, they will wear a lot faster, regardless of anything you spray on the surface.

Edited by roots57
  • Like 1

The money you spend on all that 303 probably offsets any savings in tire longevity!!!!:):) I no longer use 303 on my tires but still use it for interior detailing. Another fantastic product from 303 is their Fabric Guard. It's a great product that lasts well over a year on seating surfaces and puts Scotch Guard to shame.

• Like 1