Driver seat heat/cooling not working

I have a 2016 Edge Sport with the 401a package. I noticed today my seat heating and air isnt working. If i start the car, i can hear the air kicking on if i select cooling. The seat doesnt cool but the blue lights turn on. I switch to heat and the noise clicks as usual but the seats dont hear. From here i can turn the cooling on but the fan doesnt start. If i turn the car off and on again, same scenario repeats. The passenger heating and cooling work. Has any one else experienced this? I called the dealer and they agreed to schedule it but will not provide a loaner ? and said some times they have to take seats apart and order parts if needed- so it could take a couple of days depending.

Sounds like two days is a little long. I had a seat lumbra motor strip it's gears. They had to pull the seat, pull all the guts out of the seat back and replace everything in two hours.

Don't believe you get a loaner unless you own a Lincoln or its covered under your warranty.

You can always grab a rental from Enterprise. Think I got one from them at $32/day.

I guess it just seems like for a car thats now been there twice (once for a recall on the airbag and another time because they left some piece in the steering wheel floating around when i turned) and now this. Ive had this brand new car since May. Already. But of course they dont care about your business when its warranty or recall work.

how is the lemon law in Ohio? In California we have probably the most consumer friendly lemon law in the country. A few examples of situations are if the car has been in twice or more for the same repair, or has been out of service for more than 30 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days either) within the factory warranty period, you can qualify for lemon law protection. If so, the dealer has to refund every dollar you spent buying the car, including all down payments, monthly loan payments (with interest), and even registration costs. Or they have to replace the car with a brand new one (if new when purchased) or a comparable replacement if it was a used purchase.

Edited by roots57

Im in Ohio and just checked. This is what i found:

In the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first:

Have three or more attempts been made to repair one problem and then the problem either continues to exist or occurs again?

Has the vehicle been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more during its first year or 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first?

Have eight or more attempts been made to fix different problems?

Has one unsuccessful attempt been made to fix a problem that could cause death or serious injury?

I dont know if you can count recall fixes in this- or that a seat cooling or heating issue would even count. I guess i am just mostly annoyed that i have to pay out of pocket for a rental on a warranty repair on such a new vehicle. I use my car during the day to travel for work so their shuttle is of little to no value for me. Its 6 months old with 7k miles. Stuff shouldnt be going wrong already!

The Ford warranty does not provide rental cars. The Ford ESP (extended) warranty does provide free loaners during the entire warranty period. Lincoln vehicles provide loaners (and free dropoff/pickup) as part of the standard warranty.

Seat heating/cooling does qualify but not as something that could cause death or injury so you'd have to give them 3 attempts to fix it or let them have it for 30 days.

Your dealer didn't try to sell you an extended warranty? That would be extremely rare. Most people purchase them with the vehicle so they can finance them. The dealers really push them. The benefits don't kick in until after the factory warranty except the rental car provision. It's $100 cheaper to purchase them up front than to wait for the factory warranty to expire.

• 3 weeks later...

Im in Ohio and just checked. This is what i found:

In the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first:

Have three or more attempts been made to repair one problem and then the problem either continues to exist or occurs again?

Has the vehicle been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more during its first year or 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first?

Have eight or more attempts been made to fix different problems?

Has one unsuccessful attempt been made to fix a problem that could cause death or serious injury?

I dont know if you can count recall fixes in this- or that a seat cooling or heating issue would even count. I guess i am just mostly annoyed that i have to pay out of pocket for a rental on a warranty repair on such a new vehicle. I use my car during the day to travel for work so their shuttle is of little to no value for me. Its 6 months old with 7k miles. Stuff shouldnt be going wrong already!

yea thats a lot looser than what we have in California. 8 times to try to fix something just seems like a ridiculous amount to qualify for lemon law protection. at least the 30 day out of service rule is there for you.

• Like 1