Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

*UPDATED Livernois Tune for Edge Sport*

livernois tune edge sport

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   always on edge

always on edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 106 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

Just released - updated tune for the G2 Edge Sport. I'm heading over to Livernois on Wednesday, the soonest I can get there. I'm sure the new tune will be sick as f*$%!

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and cds71 like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   cds71

cds71

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 345 posts
  • Region:Canada North
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

great news......keep us posted!

#3 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

count me in as usual! I wonder what the overall gains are though. On the first video I watched that they posted, it said:

Stock: 225hp 254tq

Tuned: 329hp 369tq

now on that new video it says

312hp

423 tq

hmmmmmm

Edited by Mikula, 27 November 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Spree

Spree

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 88 posts
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'm confused. Isn't the stock HP 305? What exactly is the HP gain with a tune over stock? I wouldn't mind getting a tune if the HP gain is worth it.

#5 OFFLINE   always on edge

always on edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Stock: 315 bhp / 335 ft-lbs. torque with 0-60 in about 5.7-5.9 seconds and the 1/4 mile in about 14.5 seconds.

Tuned (v3 93 Performance) 312 whp / 423 ft-lbs torque with 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the 1/4 mile time just north of 13 seconds.

The link below is on the Livernois v2 tune -

The link in my original post on this thread is for the v3 93 Performance tune. Note: those dyno numbers represent the power AT THE WHEELS.

IMO, its most definitely worth it.

Edited by always on edge, 29 November 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 995 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

I'm confused. Isn't the stock HP 305? What exactly is the HP gain with a tune over stock? I wouldn't mind getting a tune if the HP gain is worth it.

Stock crank numbers. The baseline numbers at the wheels were 225hp, 254tq. Fords official numbers are for the motor only. Yes you have a 315hp/350tq motor, but when put into the car, you have a 225hp/254tq powered car, which really is the number that matters because nobody drives their motor without the car! lol

Edited by Nick Halstead, 29 November 2017 - 01:58 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

worth it? I've been chasing horsepower in vehicles since i was 16. hp gain per $$ is amazing with these tunes. maybe i live a sheltered n/a v8 life, but for $600 and gaining 170ft lbs of torque.. yes. worth every dime.

the first time you foot brake the thing and it pulls the wallet out of your jeans, you'll be glad you pulled your wallet out of your jeans. get it?

after talking to scott today, they have had confirmed runs in the 12's with their v3 tune. 

• cds71 and always on edge like this

#8 OFFLINE   always on edge

always on edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

I got the updated tune (93P v3) today, then ran some errands around town and the butt dyno most definitely approves.

My initial impression is that the power delivery is more smooth than the v2, the shifts are on point and the increase in torque is noticeable, even at low RPMs. I'm anxious to feel the torque gains up top as that's mostly what this update was supposed to address.

When I ran against 300s's (Hemi powered) and Charger Daytona's on the v2 tune, they would catch me around 90 MPH because the turbo was fading fast. From the sound of it, on the new tune, the turbo doesn't run out anymore. :rockon: Bring 'em on... :shift:

• Mikula likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

hp numbers are pretty similar to what we had in v2. the curve on the dyno sheet looks comparable in either one. 

the tq curve however is quite different. it would appear that torque comes in sooner, lasts longer, and is higher just about anywhere above idle. looks like we'll have over 300ft lbs to the wheels from 2250rpm to 5900rpm (vs the v2 tune at 2650-5600rpm)

i emailed them monday about the new tune, and still haven't received it. i can't WAIT!

#10 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

oh, and the most impressive part:

at 2500rpm

v2 tune- 260ft lbs

v3 tune- 390ft lbs

• always on edge likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Spree

Spree

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

I don't want to sound dumb when it comes to tunes, but I guess I am :(

I have a stock 13 MKX AWD with 305 hp at the engine, maybe, I guess? (if I understand right). 225 at the wheels?? (from what I read), I think :)

What would I have if I did this tune? at the engine and the wheels? I think I'll understand that if you put it in that format! :)

#12 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,686 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

I have a stock 13 MKX AWD with 305 hp at the engine, maybe, I guess? (if I understand right). 225 at the wheels?? (from what I read), I think :)

What would I have if I did this tune? at the engine and the wheels? I think I'll understand that if you put it in that format! :)

Yours has a 3.7L naturally aspirated engine. They are talking about the 2015+ Edge Sport with the 2.7L EcoBoost Engine (Twin Turbocharged). So the numbers aren't the same.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and always on edge like this

#13 OFFLINE   always on edge

always on edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

I don’t believe there are any tuning options for you. Sorry.

#14 OFFLINE   MaX83_ZA

MaX83_ZA

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

I don’t believe there are any tuning options for you. Sorry.

Unfortunately, tuning normally aspirated cars tend to be more expensive than tuning turbo cars especially if you compare them to the gains turbocharged cars get that comes from the factory with a very conservative tune.

#15 OFFLINE   Spree

Spree

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

OK, I got you guys now! I couldn't find any, I just thought I was overlooking something.

#16 OFFLINE   edsasdelli

edsasdelli

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

I just picked up a used 2015 Edge Sport EcoBoost and been reading all the posts about Livernois tunes with interest.  I'm not interested in 1/4 mile or racing, just a middle aged guy who wants little more power, better driveability and be able to tow my 2,000 lb motorcycle trailer.  Is there only stock or "aggressive" or is there something in between that gives a little more hp and tq without the hard shifts? 

Thanks for your help

Ed "Newbie"

#17 OFFLINE   always on edge

always on edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

I just picked up a used 2015 Edge Sport EcoBoost and been reading all the posts about Livernois tunes with interest.  I'm not interested in 1/4 mile or racing, just a middle aged guy who wants little more power, better driveability and be able to tow my 2,000 lb motorcycle trailer.  Is there only stock or "aggressive" or is there something in between that gives a little more hp and tq without the hard shifts? 

Thanks for your help

Ed "Newbie"

I run the 93 performance tune, no hard shifts, just impressive gains in HP/TQ. They also offer a towing tune.

Edited by always on edge, 04 December 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for your help

Ed "Newbie"

They have a good amount of options for their tunes. pick an octane. pick the type of tunes you want.

You'd be looking for the "soft shift" version of any of their tunes. most of us run a 91 or 93 performance tune, however mine had some really firm shifts that i never worked themselves out and i didn't like, so i asked them for the 93 performance soft shift tune and they sent it my way. feels like stock shifts, with impressive gains everywhere else.

you'd have to retune for towing, as it is not recommended to tow with their performance tunes. you get 4 tunes of your choice plus the option to return to completely stock. retuning takes about 3-5 minutes. if you purchase, you'd ask them something like this:

93 performance soft shift

93 towing (or whichever octane you prefer)

and then a couple more of your choice. I currently have:

100 octane race tune (for 1/4 mile days)

93 aggressive (for taking the curves and pushing it hard)

93 performance soft shift (my everyday)

91 performance (in case i'm travelling and can't find 93 octane)

Stock (for longer trips.. but i've noticed better gas mileage with their tunes, but you pay more for premium fuel so its a trade off)

#19 OFFLINE   edsasdelli

edsasdelli

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:28 AM

very much appreciated.  That is very helpful.  I understand better now. 

Thanks

Ed 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users