LMS Tune V3 1/4 mile times

Mikula

I was impressed with "seat of the pants" on this tune. I was very unimpressed with my time slips. Interested to see how other peoples times compare once they get out there and start tracking this newest tune.

on v2 of their 93 performance tune i ran a best of 13.39@101.65

today on their v3 93 performance tune... garbage.

13.92@94

13.82@97.49

13.56@99.65 (after the sun went down)

am i the only one seeing a decrease in top end power (opposite of what they were originally claiming with v3 tune)

my 60ft times were nearly identical between v2 and v3.

everything else from that point and beyond was slower, time and mph.

I tracked one for Leo on FB,

13.2x @ 104 - but he also has springs and thermostat, and isn't 100% stock with a good DA of -800 or so.

Are you in Texas? When did you run the V2 tune and when did you run the V3 tune? What were conditions and DA for each.

The problem with the tune is they cram a LOT of boost in there and when you get up to the upper mph the stock intercooler is done and charge temps go through the ROOF killing your power. I logged the V3 tune and its not good at all in the upper mph range.

i also have springs. 200lbs of weight reduction. yes I am in texas. conditions were relatively the same.

DA for my 13.39 on the v2 tune was 1538

DA for the 13.82 on the v3 tune was 1642

I was fully expecting to get much closer to 12's, and it was quite a disappointment.

i was expecting 330ft and 1/8 mile to improve (after looking at their dyno sheets) but that wasn't the case. slower in all aspects, not just top end

Edited by Mikula

What was the DA for the 13.56 time on the V3 tune?

What were your 60' for each run? I think the tune has 13.1 in it at best with a really good launch in stock form but not much other then that. Their dyno sheets have some questioning since they dyno in 3rd gear and isn't a 1:1 ratio.

error on my last post. the DA of 1642 was in fact for my 13.56 run.

best 60' has been 2.04 and that was with the v3 tune. all my runs have been between 2.04-2.07 60ft times on either tune

Launch that car a bit harder! If you can get around 1.9 or a bit higher you'll see 13.2-13.3

I think one last thing to consider is the winter blend (is that a thing in Texas?) gas from the V3 tune that will affect your times. And if they are adding more boost with a less than ideal octane you'll see slower times as the KR will rise.

I figured i'd spin out of the hole so i kept the launches at 2k-2300 or so. not sure about the fuel blend. I bought torco octane booster to bring it up some, but left the funnel at home. stupid mistake!

That's usually what I go for, 2k - 2.3k but have slightly better 60', odd. I think there is a funnel in the trunk under the cover in the trunk you could have used. If anything you should try out Race Gas fuel concentrate as Leo on the FB has had good success with it.

https://www.amazon.com/RACE-GAS-Race-Fuel-Concentrate-Octane/dp/B015HRK7ZS/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512399106&sr=1-1&keywords=race+gas

That's usually what I go for, 2k - 2.3k but have slightly better 60', odd. I think there is a funnel in the trunk under the cover in the trunk you could have used. If anything you should try out Race Gas fuel concentrate as Leo on the FB has had good success with it.

https://www.amazon.com/RACE-GAS-Race-Fuel-Concentrate-Octane/dp/B015HRK7ZS/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1512399106&sr=1-1&keywords=race+gas

i use the torco which is nearly the exact same thing. i removed all the spare tire stuff for weight reduction.. of course that funnel was with it!

track prep may be the issue with my 60' times, but i never have anyone to go with me to take a video of launch to see what is actually happening. on the street when i did a few test launches i noticed i get a lot of wheel spin out of the front wheels and none out of the rear. I assumed the AWD was smarter than that with traction control off

i use the torco which is nearly the exact same thing. i removed all the spare tire stuff for weight reduction.. of course that funnel was with it!

track prep may be the issue with my 60' times, but i never have anyone to go with me to take a video of launch to see what is actually happening. on the street when i did a few test launches i noticed i get a lot of wheel spin out of the front wheels and none out of the rear. I assumed the AWD was smarter than that with traction control off

I tried the Torco and the Race gas but felt the Race gas had a better effect on reduction of timing pull. Interesting.

And yeah it's FWD biased so they will spin, maybe lower the front tire pressure to 28 or so next time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just as added reference Info...

We have a 2016 Edge Sport AWD with:

- K&N air filter

- 170 T-Stat

- H&R Springs

- Strut tower CB

- RMM (CPe)

- Modified IC grill & AGS

- Custom e30 tune by Unleashed

Ran: 12.94 at 106 mph

D/A of 1893

4680 lbs (included diver)

0 wheel spin or hop on garbage brand rubber set at 37 psi

Thnx goes out to Special K... :hat_tip:

Slip?

• Like 1

Just as added reference Info...

We have a 2016 Edge Sport AWD with:

- K&N air filter

- 170 T-Stat

- H&R Springs

- Strut tower CB

- RMM (CPe)

- Modified IC grill & AGS

- Custom e30 tune by Unleashed

Ran: 12.94 at 106 mph

D/A of 1893

4680 lbs (included diver)

0 wheel spin or hop on garbage brand rubber set at 37 psi

Thnx goes out to Special K... :hat_tip:

so much for this being an LMS tune thread!

Here is my best LMS 93 tune time on race gas. This is their V2 tune. 12.96 @ 106

Mods:

KN drop in filter

Summer tires

20" light weight wheels

HR springs

160 thermostat

LIVERNOIS V2 aggressive tune with firm shifts (same tune I used daily)

Race gas additive - 100 octane mix

post-39248-0-53175700-1513208077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I hold the best 60ft time and you really need 3 basic things to hit 1.8s:

1. H&R springs
2. Sticky tires
3. A hard brake torque launch over 2100 rpm

We have a member on my FB group who ran 1.899 on stock 20s and without springs. Everyone else in the 1.8s (exactly 1 other person besides myself) is on H&R and aftermarket wheel and tire setup.

Edited by 037

I did get the v3 and the car is definitely faster. The best track time I have, GT500R was driving, 13.26 on 93 pump gas and 4690lb curb weight. I then upped the octane to 100 and ran a couple 13.1s. This is on stock 21s and Pirelli scorpion winter tires. The car did hop if I launched too hard. I have not run 60ft over 1.9 in a long time...maybe the one time I spun all 4 to 42mph...full power launch at Englishtown raceway. Got a video of course.

Here is one spanking 300 SRT8 on the old tune at 1:15

• Like 1

got the springs. still stock wheels/tires. launching at 2000-2500 hasn't produced much for different results. all between 2.04-2.07 60ft. i don't have a FB. i hate that nonsense.

have you gotten the v3 tune yet for yours? i found my times/mph to be worse on the new tune.

I am wondering if you can ask LMS to up the throttle response a bit to help with those 60's. I would also try to deep stage if possible also.

I am wondering if you can ask LMS to up the throttle response a bit to help with those 60's. I would also try to deep stage if possible also.

Track doesn't allow a deep stage at their events. no freakin clue why. however, i probably could get into the beams a bit more before the light goes out.

called LMS, they already tune for the throttle response, but would have to get their throttle enhancer to fine tune where i like it. not worth that kinda money to me though.

Track doesn't allow a deep stage at their events. no freakin clue why. however, i probably could get into the beams a bit more before the light goes out.

called LMS, they already tune for the throttle response, but would have to get their throttle enhancer to fine tune where i like it. not worth that kinda money to me though.

They should be able to adjust throttle tip in to be a bit higher. No reason to get the throttle enhancer.

The guy i spoke with said they adjust the tip in with the tune, then suggested the throttle enhancer. also, asked him about the AGS and intercooler grill to see if they could tune that out. i was told they have done it for the 2.3 mustang tune, but not the edge, and that they would talk to the tuner and get back to me (yea right)