Hood Emblem removal on a G2 Sport

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Im trying to remove the 'Ford' Hood emblem on my G2 Sport. I know we already have a thread for this but it's not for a G2 and the G2 is way different. It feel as if I could just pull on it and it will pop out..but Im not going to do that because I know if I do I could easily screw something up. Has anyone here on the forum removed the hood emblem on a G2? How did you do it? Thanks

There is a thread for this somewhere, I'll look for it. A couple of us have posted directions. Don't just pull on it though, it is screwed on from the inside. You have to remove the entire front end, including the bumper cover and grille. Its not that hard though, probably an hour or so your first time. Hardest part is unscrewing the bumper cover from the fenders on each side because the screws are tucked way down inside the fender.

i bought an emblem overlay (off ebay) to cover the front and rear emblems. they work really well depending on what you're looking to do with it. mine say... well lets just say I used a 4 letter word that sounds like duck, and I used the ford script. matte black background, gloss black letters. its a nice conversation piece when guys at the track notice while trying to figure out what kind of vehicle it is (because it is otherwise debadged)