HVAC Fan Temp Control Issue

Hello, I have a 2008 edge with the cheepy manual environmental controls. About a week ago the temp. control knob for the HVAC stuff stopped working. The fan speed selector works as well as the far right switch that controls the vents the air comes out. I have checked all of the fuses and they seem to be good. I had read about the heater door actuators but that seems to only apply if one side of the car is having an issue, currently may issues is with every vent. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions of what to look into. Right now it is blowing warm air when fan is on. If I turn on the AC it does condition the air but being that it is stuck on warm the air only cools a little. Here in SoCal we are having a pretty warm winter so the fact that it is stuck on warm is kinda unpleasant. Like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ok then. Let's move on to the Blend Door Actuator. Since you have manual controls, there is only one to worry about, it is under the driverside dash in the center console area next to the gas pedal. You can try unplugging it for a bit, see if that helps. Sounds like it does move a little bit, but not fullrange. While it is unplugged, see if you can move the actuator linkage by hand, sometimes it gets stuck and needs that little help to get going. It is possible the manual control is not working properly (resistor is worn out), but most likely, it will be the BDA.

Ok then. Let's move on to the Blend Door Actuator. Since you have manual controls, there is only one to worry about, it is under the driverside dash in the center console area next to the gas pedal. You can try unplugging it for a bit, see if that helps. Sounds like it does move a little bit, but not fullrange. While it is unplugged, see if you can move the actuator linkage by hand, sometimes it gets stuck and needs that little help to get going. It is possible the manual control is not working properly (resistor is worn out), but most likely, it will be the BDA.

After unplugging the actuator and plugging it back in it seems like everything is working OK again! Thanks for the pointers. Is that a sign that the actuator is nearing the end of its life span? Thanks Again!!!

• Like 1