G2 Edge w/H&R Springs & Atturo 850's: Two Questions

Hi Guys... So I had H&R Springs fitted on my G2 Edge 3 weeks ago. After the springs went on they did an alignment. I put 300 miles on the car and today I had 4 Atturo 850's mounted. The shop guy said I did not need

another alignment as the previous alignment done 3 weeks ago would hold. Is he right here? I was under the

impression that another alignment would be in order after the springs had settled and the Atturo's were mounted

Second question; What Tire Pressure are you guys with Atturo 850's running?

All answers greatly appreciated.

Others will disagree with me but you don’t need another alignment. I did the same as you, install and alignment at the same time and my springs didn’t “settle.” They’re the same height now as they were when they were installed. Here’s my reasoning: when you buy a new car off the lot, you don’t go get an alignment 300-600 miles after your purchase, it’s simply not needed. The same goes for installing new springs, lowering springs or otherwise; the springs “settle” when the weight of the vehicle is applied to them.

As for TP, I have nothing. I’m still running the stockers.

Like I said, some will disagree. Flame away.

Check the sidewall on the tire for max tire pressure. then multiply that number by .9, and fill them to that pressure if you're looking for good handling characteristics.

automakers put the tire pressure in the door jamb to give you a good balance of ride quality, and handling. tire manufacturers will tell you the max pressure and load ratings, so they have a better understanding of what the tire likes/what it is engineered for. I've still got the stockers on, but i'm at 45psi (51psi max) and they certainly handle better than when i was running them at 35psi

Edited by Mikula

Others will disagree with me but you don’t need another alignment. I did the same as you, install and alignment at the same time and my springs didn’t “settle.” They’re the same height now as they were when they were installed. Here’s my reasoning: when you buy a new car off the lot, you don’t go get an alignment 300-600 miles after your purchase, it’s simply not needed. The same goes for installing new springs, lowering springs or otherwise; the springs “settle” when the weight of the vehicle is applied to them.

As for TP, I have nothing. I’m still running the stockers.

Like I said, some will disagree. Flame away.

That does sound logical, I agree. Hope you are right, I could save $100. I will call a few alignment shops and get some feedback and opinions

I have not gotten another alignment since my H&Rs went in either. Mostly because the ride height has remained the same, no changes during settling. I'll probably have it done soon though, it's been awhile. I run my Atturos at 45 psi and still have no complaints about them, I'll be buying them again most likely.

oh, and let me know how much better the traction is with those. i'm looking to swap these junk stock tires out asap because my 60ft times at the track are garbage!

If you are looking for an affordable alternative to basically every other 21" tire on the market, those Atturos may be a decent option. I read/watched a lot of reviews on them before I pulled the trigger and a lot of people with dodge scat packs love them because of their cheap price and good hook up when pulling 0-60's and 1/4 mile runs. I think the 20" Atturos go for like $115 per

Edited by roots57
  • Like 1

If you are looking for an affordable alternative to basically every other 21" tire on the market, those Atturos may be a decent option. I read/watched a lot of reviews on them before I pulled the trigger and a lot of people with dodge scat packs love them because of their cheap price and good hook up when pulling 0-60's and 1/4 mile runs. I think the 20" Atturos go for like $115 per

I've got the 20's so that's a damn good price. I'm so desperate to get into the 12's on this LMS tune that i'd consider a M/T if they made them in roughly the same size as the stock tires. can't find a drag tire in 245/50r20 that's worth a damn!

Atturo doesn't make a 245/50-20 in the AZ850 but they do make a 255/50-20 that will fit just fine on those rims. Maybe try those out with the pressure dropped down into the mid to low 30's. They should give you a much quicker hook-up compared to those stock all-seasons, especially if you think tire spin is something keeping you out of the 12's. You could even just try two on the front at first, but for less than $500 you can get all four corners.

Edited by roots57