Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

Waze will soon be available on SYNC 3 (v3.0 and above) via APPLINK.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,155 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

https://media.ford.c...to-ford-v.html#

https://blog.waze.co...n-with.html?m=1

Looks as though 2016 and 2017 MY owners may have to upgrade via one of the developer made 3.0 packages floating around the web (Ive been using one with zero issues).

Edited by candurin, 25 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

• MaX83_ZA likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   MaX83_ZA

MaX83_ZA

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 86 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Good news. Only reason I use my Android Auto is for Waze. With this I highly doubt I would even keep AA installed on my phone until they support wireless integration.

#3 OFFLINE   t0lkman

t0lkman

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 167 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:None

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

that's awesome!

#4 OFFLINE   TSCHANNE

TSCHANNE

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

I ran an update to my Sync3  in my garage last night connected to my home Wi-Fi but didn't see any difference.The new update was downloaded and after that was done and with Apple Carplay accessed through my iPhone, Waze didn't project to the the screen in my 17 Edge Sport. 

Is the update available now or is it something coming soon?

#5 OFFLINE   MaX83_ZA

MaX83_ZA

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 86 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

I ran an update to my Sync3  in my garage last night connected to my home Wi-Fi but didn't see any difference.The new update was downloaded and after that was done and with Apple Carplay accessed through my iPhone, Waze didn't project to the the screen in my 17 Edge Sport. 

I am not sure if it works the same with iPhone, but you must have Waze installed on your phone (latest version I presume), go to the apps menu on Sync and click the find new apps (i think that is what its called) button. It then checks for new compatible apps on your device and installs them on sync.

#6 OFFLINE   lildisco

lildisco

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 325 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Last i knew, Car Play wasn't compatible with Waze

#7 OFFLINE   TSCHANNE

TSCHANNE

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

Last i knew, Car Play wasn't compatible with Waze

Ahh Haa! Bummer then.

#8 OFFLINE   Burrcold

Burrcold

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

I doubt the update you got was the newest version that allows for Waze. It also doesn't have anything to do with Apple Carplay. Presumably when you plug your phone in and it boots to CarPlay, you will just exit it and go to the main Sync screen where you can then connect to Waze (assuming you have it installed on your phone).

#9 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

So, I have to make a correction.  Waze app itself has not been updated for CarPlay compatibility yet.  This will be coming in March.

Sorry for an inconvenience!

Your SYNC version will need to be 3.0 or higher.  The latest version (as of now) is v2.3 over WiFi.  So it seems as though FORD and Waze both needs to issue updates, which are expected within two months.

Edited by candurin, 12 January 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   Quila

Quila

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

So, I have to make a correction.  Waze app itself has not been updated for CarPlay compatibility yet.  This will be coming in March.

Sorry for an inconvenience!

Your SYNC version will need to be 3.0 or higher.  The latest version (as of now) is v2.3 over WiFi.  So it seems as though FORD and Waze both needs to issue updates, which are expected within two months.

I think this is old news, or maybe I'm missing something.  Waze has been working with Sync3 and Android Auto since Sync3 version 2.2.  Actually, I think there was an update to the Waze app before it worked with Sync3 2.2, but it definitely worked before 2.3 came out.  You need to have Waze installed on your phone and the phone has to be connected to Sync3 with a USB cable.  Then on the navigation button you can select either Google Maps or Waze.

#11 OFFLINE   TourGuide

TourGuide

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

I think this is old news, or maybe I'm missing something.  Waze has been working with Sync3 and Android Auto since Sync3 version 2.2.  Actually, I think there was an update to the Waze app before it worked with Sync3 2.2, but it definitely worked before 2.3 came out.  You need to have Waze installed on your phone and the phone has to be connected to Sync3 with a USB cable.  Then on the navigation button you can select either Google Maps or Waze.

I can verify this.  Waze has lots of advantages - BUT - the integration with AA needs work.  For example, if you are on a route to a destination and you have to shut the car off - Waze does not handle this as you might expect.  Basically it cancels the route - instead of picking back up where you left off and restarting your directions.  That isn't the kind of integration one would expect from a navigation app.  Most other nav systems or apps handle this as expected, but the last time I tried it - not Waze.

#12 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,568 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

You guys are really getting confused. This update is to be able to use Waze with Sync3 applink - has nothing to do with AA or CP.
  • Burrcold likes this

#13 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

This update is more for iOS and CarLink. Android had this functionality already.

#14 OFFLINE   Fastfwd75

Fastfwd75

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 19 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

So does waze work as a Ford app on the car screen for those that do have v3.0? Anyone got it to work on a 2016 with the 3.0 that is floating around on the Internet?

I have been going back to apple maps for the last 2 weeks and it is quite a bit worse than google maps or waze at predicting the best route with traffic and events. Also sometimes completely unaware of a street you can turn on and will tell me to go further and make a youturn when I can just make a left and arrive

#15 OFFLINE   jmr061

jmr061

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 356 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Waze has not released the version needed to work with sync3 as of yet.

#16 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Im a turd and this was my fault. I updated the thread title.

The revised Waze app should be launched in March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users