2016 Edge Sport (G2) Front & Rear Sway Bars

snmjim

Any drag racing benefit or mostly track?

Swaybars have nothing to do with straight line acceleration, unless you get a lightweight thin wall one for weight savings less than 5lbs

Didn't really experience any handling issues so far. I am lowered and on summer tires. I don't really race it too much around town but haven't reached a speed I was uncomfortable with in a turn.

Summer tires can cloak a significant amount of understeer simply by having a higher breaking point. There has been no speed that we hit in a straight line where we were like "omg this is unstable". Its a simple fact by the layout of the platform that when being pushed to the edge (ha see what I did there :hysterical: ) it will understeer. Our platform layout is as follows: 4460lbs with 60% of weight upfront, engine in front of front axle, and only up to 50/50 power distribution if the computer feels like it. I find it very simple to make the platform understeer, go into long exit with some speed, stay in the middle, stab the wheel HARD to the inside of the turn, the vehicle will respond at first and then become numb and unmotivated to keep turning...this is understeer.

How much understeer is there in a stock Gen 2 Sport? Probably shows up less at "normal" or posted speed limits than say around a track, twisties, or autox'ing.

it will never show at posted speed limits.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 1

I find it very simple to make the platform understeer, go into a long exit with some speed, stay in the middle, stab the wheel HARD to the inside of the turn, the vehicle will respond at first and then become numb and unmotivated to keep turning...this is understeer.

Why is it when I read that I just see this in my head... :)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

How much understeer is there in a stock Gen 2 Sport? Probably shows up less at "normal" or posted speed limits than say around a track, twisties, or autox'ing.

I still have not experienced this "understeer" a few other users talked about. My only experience with ripping corners in the edge, and the back end of this thing came around and i left a hershey's kiss in my underwear.

in my experience.. this car will oversteer.. but I will never test that theory a second time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I pinched my cheeks so hard when I experienced understeer on Mulholland headed for a guardrail that I could have cracked walnuts!

Let an doubters in my passenger seat and they will whistle a different tune. :whistling:

Be sure to bring a change of pants. :lol:

​Those darn knee dragging Super Bikes are tough to keep up with B). And thats why I want better sway bars :clapping: :) .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

UPATE & ATTENTIOIN***

The President of ADDCO has contacted us to ship the prototype rear stabilizer bar for fitment and Eval of which no issues are anticipated since the stock Ford bar we shipped was laser scanned and computer generated.

They would like an estimate for the anticipated Qty to have ready so no one has to wait.

So far I have:

xtra

onyxbfly

Need your committed responses by 21 May 2018

• Like 2

my first hand experience, as stated before, is the exact opposite of understeer. there is something wrong with your pudding. the lot you were testing in most likely had gravel and oils built up from lack of use. not the best or most accurate test. on the road, you may experience oversteer, as I did.

my first hand experience, as stated before, is the exact opposite of understeer. there is something wrong with your pudding. the lot you were testing in most likely had gravel and oils built up from lack of use. not the best or most accurate test. on the road, you may experience oversteer, as I did.

This is the lot that Anne Arundel County Police and Fort Meade Police use to train performance motorcycle driving, a very well used lot that has no gravel.....

Also, the public roads are no place to be pushing a vehicle past its safe limits, to many variables we cannot control that can cause injury.

• Like 1

What mods did you have done at the time of the video? Were you still having the understeer with lowering springs installed?

I know this is Mikula, but I will respond for the use of future reference for others:

Engine Mods:

93 Tune Unleashed

Drop in K&N filter

170 T-Stat

UP Intercooler

Ram Fab Charge Pipe

Suspension mods:

H&R Lowering Springs

Front Cross Brace

Future Mods that we are hoping will bring the vehicle to a more neutral handling characteristic:

​Front camber bolts (not gonna give away the camber up front yet, cant give away all our secrets)

Rear Addco sway bar

Coliovers (still trying to find a company willing to do this with out charging an arm and a leg)

• Like 2

The ADDCO Stabilizer bar specifics are in and ADDCO is ready for us to collectively order!

Note: this bar specifically applies to late model 2015 thru 2018 AWD & FWD Edge Sport.

ADDCO requires a minimum order of 10 to INITIATE this production run and will not consider a smaller Qty.

I'm coordinating this initial purchase for us in order to initiate the minimum production batch price requirement.

SpecialK is coordinating Facebook orders to assist with accomplishing the production initiation Qty.

Note: if you attempt to go direct to ADDCO you will defeat the purpose of the group rate.

The following have committed to placing the initial orders:

Xtra
onyxbfly
One Slow 5.0
JScaro
roots57
Denny Gaughan
redlancer

We have exceeded the minimum production number, this count includes 5 orders from the Facebook group.

Additional orders WILL be accepted as long as they are placed during the required time frame for this initial order (28 May thru 01 June 2018).

The bar is powder coated black and supplied with mid section brackets and bushings (Ref Pics).

UPDATEs:

- As of 24 May 2018 install/fitment is complete and successful with the usual Stab bar install technique.

- As of 25 May 2018 Performance testing results for 1st hole:

Body roll 80-90% eliminated
Car is firmly planted in sharp speed turns
Understeer mitigated 80-90%

- As of 2 June 2018 Performance testing results for 2nd hole:

Body roll 85-95% eliminated
Car is firmly planted in sharp speed turns
Understeer mitigated 85-95%

ADDCO INITIAL ORDER SPECIFICS:

As of 29 May 2018:

- Immediately contact John Wright (ADDCO primary Engineer) (Office: 800-338-7015 x102 or Cell 828-719-8034) to place your order.

- John Wright (ADDCO POC) asked that you leave a Msg if he doesn't answer and he'll return your call.

ADDCO Info:
www.addco.net
Part # 2452 1.125
Price = $185.00 (price does NOT include shipping)

INSTALLATION COMMENTS:

Ref Pics

Recommend replacing OE links with MOOG (p/n MOO K750744) from RockAuto. Stiffer bar stronger links.

Put very light coat of silicone or grease on inside diameter of bushings to allow for ease of bar left to right alignment.

Loose fit the bar by resting it in place over exhaust pipe without bolting down bushing brackets.

Then install the links, if you elected to replace them, but leave connected & loosely bolted.

Tighten down links first then align bar so the distance is equal for the amount of bar extending beyond the left & right bushing.

Tighten down bushings & your done.

Note: you may want to consider putting anti seize on all threads...

GENERAL COMMENTS:

No clue why the FEF App continues to turn my Pics sideways... :banghead:

If we taunt SpecialK enough he just might bless us with an evaluation & comparative video to his last video...hint, hint...I so enjoy taunting that fine young man...lol

post-46284-0-40946800-1526925942_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-08987600-1526925971_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-45498100-1526925993_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-08821200-1526926011_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-86505500-1527223370_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-16654600-1527223398_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-78601500-1527961789_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-60735500-1527961807_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 4

So this is just the rear sway bar for now? I see only one item/price listed.

No need 2 redesign the front.

The modified rear bar will put the vehicle right where the preferred performance handling characteristics recommend.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1