GFB DV+

GT500R

So with all the talk of BOV's and the whole what does this really do thing, I decided to purchase an upgraded Diverter Valve and test to see if there are any benefits from it. I'll try to keep this as short as possible...

Product - Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve + -> T9358 (http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9358-suits-mercedes-ford-and-volvo-detail)

I have one of these on my GLi and it works flawlessly, holds boost well and prevents leaks due to the weak stock diverter valve.

Benefits from the website -

Sharper throttle response
Faster boost recovery on gearshift
Solves boost leaking issues
Built to last
Installation (see pics attached):
Pretty simple and straight forward. I used this youtube video to perform it ->
Took around 15 minutes overall, the screw closest to the firewall was the biggest PITA.
Testing:
I always try to make my tests as consistent as possible so the test conditions were 25* F on the same stretch of road with the same gas and the same test methodology - just off the gas and mash as fast as possible. I find brake boosting is a bit inconsistent to replicate 6 times over and I spin if I boost it too much off the line (AWD still spins...)
3 tests were done with stock DV, 0-80 twice and a 0-100
I was hoping to see quicker boost response or better boost hold at later rpms.
Results:
Mixed.... overall the acceleration was slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY better with the GFB+
VRbtWf8.png
q0HzQxP.png
Left to right is the first run, second run, then third run.
You can see, the DV+ does a slightly, ever so slight better job in holding boost. Acceleration was the best with DV+ at 4.97 vs. 5.05 with the stock valve. The build up from 0-20mph was better and more consistent with the DV+. After I hit 2nd gear with the DV+ it seems to accelerate a smidge better then stock.
Is it work the $130ish or so? Well...
If you want something that will prevent boost leaks and have some consistent boosting, yes. Will this give you tenths upon tenths in the 1/4 mile? No, but I think its worth it for peace of mind.

post-37004-0-90218200-1515975574_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-05887500-1515975578_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-51463600-1515975581_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-81582300-1515975584_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-01281700-1515975588_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-57914700-1515975591_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-82448600-1515975594_thumb.jpg

post-37004-0-60903900-1515975597_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

SpecialK - Mainly that is a BOV thread, this is a diverter valve thread and I didn't want it getting lost in the clutter of "what does this BOV reallyl help with or do" that was in that thread.

This thread has more facts and information and will be easier for folks to see :2thumbs:

• Like 1

After reviewing the graphs the aftermarket Diverter Valve seems to hold a more consistent boost with less variation over the stock.

SO stupid question.... I see a diverter valve (which means it usually diverts air) but see no other tubes connected to it to divert air to or back to the turbo...maybe I am just confused?

Edited by Special_K

• 3 years later...

Has anyone installed one of these GFB DV+ on their 2019+ Edge ST? I can't even get started as the factory plunger itself will not budge on mine. I worked it hard without using a screw driver or pliers as everyone else with an older Sport or Fusion simply use their fingertips to pull it apart. Is this different or should I grow some huevos and rip it out? 

Steve

tn_StockDiverter3.jpg

tn_StockDiverter.jpg

tn_StockDiverter2.jpg

Edited by TT Steve