Brakes locking up after booster and master cylinder replaced.

Ok I need some help. I have a 2008 edge sel. About a month ago I started have a hissing sound when I put my foot on the break. so I replaced the booster and I made it 3 blocks away from home and my master cylinder went out so I replaced it. I could not get the breaks to bleed correctly so I limped it to Midas. They pulled a vaccume on my breaks and blead them. I drove it the 30 miles home. Now I can go around the block 1 time and the breaks lock down. Where my gas peddle is on the floor and the car is bearly moveing and the breaks are smokeing. The anti skid light is on and it won't go off.i hooked it up to my fixed code reader and nothing. If I leave sitting over night or disconnect the battery and touch the +&- together the breaks will unlock but as soon as I move it again They lock up. I need help either totally fixing the problem or at least fixing it enough I can take it the 30 miles to the repair shop. Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...
  • 1004ron changed the title to Brakes locking up after booster and master cylinder replaced.
On 1/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, Meridith_p said:

Ok I need some help. I have a 2008 edge sel. About a month ago I started have a hissing sound when I put my foot on the break. so I replaced the booster and I made it 3 blocks away from home and my master cylinder went out so I replaced it. I could not get the breaks to bleed correctly so I limped it to Midas. They pulled a vaccume on my breaks and blead them. I drove it the 30 miles home. Now I can go around the block 1 time and the breaks lock down. Where my gas peddle is on the floor and the car is bearly moveing and the breaks are smokeing. The anti skid light is on and it won't go off.i hooked it up to my fixed code reader and nothing. If I leave sitting over night or disconnect the battery and touch the +&- together the breaks will unlock but as soon as I move it again They lock up. I need help either totally fixing the problem or at least fixing it enough I can take it the 30 miles to the repair shop. Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, Thomasehler said:

What ended up being the issue.  The exact same thing happened to me.

Does that mean yours is also hissing after you replaced the booster and master cylinder?

I doubt that you'll get a reply from the OP, his one and only post was back in January 2018.