Rear window shattered

yogiman

Quick update for those interested: Was told it is a known issue with the back window and where the wiper blade attaches to it, moisture can leak in and cause the issue. Given the fact this happened last week after Ottawa experienced a flash freeze of plus 12 pouring rain to a -24 c within 8 hours approx. Glass is also back ordered 1-2 weeks so I am assuming there are more people affected. I have heard of one other example in the Niagara region last week as well. Most annoying part is that we still do not have a loaner or rental as there is a severe shortage of rental cars in the Ottawa area and an interesting fact is that Ford will only agree that when a rental is required it needs to be a Ford product which limits me even more.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just visited the dealer yesterday to have them open the back hatch and vacuum out the broken glass. When the window broke a lot of pieces went into the door, and it rattles. They originally replaced the glass but did not remove the inside trim to clean out the debris, so be advised - get that done too.

• Like 1