Excellent video!!!

I recently went through a similar (but untested) exercise where I swapped my All Seasons for a set of Winter Tires and on snow, grip between the two tires are too close to call. The Winter tires get up to temperature much quicker but when the all seasons have driven a couple of Km's they grip pretty well.

Unfortunately where I live, we get a lot of Ice (especially black Ice) and I really had to do it for Ice driving.

• Like 2

A completely useless comparison.

"Maybe it has something to do with my Blizzaks being 50% worn". A 50% worn Blizzak is just an all-season tire. Yet it still beat the new Michelin Premier LTX's by 'only a second', which is actually huge for this test.

Most of his videos are equally bad.

So you think this was a useful comparison? I think I'll stick to Tire Rack tests and Consumer Reports. The intersection of where they both rate tires highly is the sweet spot for finding great tires. Not some half-assed home video.

I think it was a great video! I think it was a video you can relate to not something driven by corporate BS and sales strategies. It was a honest review by a nice guy. Take it for what it is.

• Like 2

Understandably, on this forum, we have an appreciation for Mac and what he offers up (voluntarily) for forum members.

It may be how you completely dismissed the usefulness of the comparison and referred to his videos as bad is what set us off.

I can appreciate your opinion, but, your delivery was complete shit.

When you called his videos equally bad it was, in essence, a character remark as his videos are mostly his character with a lot of information mixed in.

I wouldnt dump on someone who offers free help and tutorials. If one of his videos were not useful to you, then you could simply opt not to utilize the info.

Edited by candurin
  • Like 3

I have run snow tires for years. Years. A 50% worn Blizzak is absolutely NO better than an all season tire. Not one bit. I am not at all surprised to see the Michelin keep up. Its comparing an apple to an apple.

The biggest attribute of a snow tire is its ability to help you STOP. Taking off is nice and helpful, but its ability to bite in and stop you is what really is important.

Brand new blizzaks on my wifes 2016 Sport are like chewing gum on warm pavement. Same for the blizzaks on my 2014 Explorer Sport. Love them!

Shumax

• Like 2

I have run snow tires for years. Years. A 50% worn Blizzak is absolutely NO better than an all season tire. Not one bit. I am not at all surprised to see the Michelin keep up. Its comparing an apple to an apple.

The biggest attribute of a snow tire is its ability to help you STOP. Taking off is nice and helpful, but its ability to bite in and stop you is what really is important.

Brand new blizzaks on my wifes 2016 Sport are like chewing gum on warm pavement. Same for the blizzaks on my 2014 Explorer Sport. Love them!

Shumax

My point was to test the half worn blizzaks against new Premiers. I love the Brand new Blizzaks, but people need to know that once you have worn half the tread off they become regular ole snow tires with limits.

Thank you everyone for your support. I have learned that not everyone appreciates what I do or how I make the videos. I will never please everyone. Just a fact.

You folks are why I love this group.

Incredible mature response mac! The internet is not for sissies! All of the best with your productions!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I guess I don't follow. I agree with you, brother. Half worn Blizzak's are no better than a new all season when it comes to taking off. My contention is that people look at a snow tire the wrong way. A "new" one will certainly help you take off a bit better; however, where they really excel is in their ability to help you STOP. That's what people miss.

Sorry if you read into my messaging the wrong way. I agree with you. I just think attention needs to be given to what a snow tire really does - it helps you STOP.

Shumax

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I don't follow. I agree with you, brother. Half worn Blizzak's are no better than a new all season when it comes to taking off. My contention is that people look at a snow tire the wrong way. A "new" one will certainly help you take off a bit better; however, where they really excel is in their ability to help you STOP. That's what people miss.

Sorry if you read into my messaging the wrong way. I agree with you. I just think attention needs to be given to what a snow tire really does - it helps you STOP.

Shumax

I have other videos stating just what you said. This video was only for the acceleration display and difference. No harm. You should see what people say on the YT channel!!!

• Like 1